British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Matt Ford complains about Assets

44 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Of course he does the right thing by the the club, its his club and his money. 

Quite right, and his business. He puts the effort in even when he's against the ropes. Its just a shame nothing has gone for us, yet..

4 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

:D Nevermind mate.. I stick up for Matt beause he tries to do the right thing by the club. But nowadays its getting harder with the big boys pretty much calling it a day in this country.. I mean, we took your lot to two points, so it doesnt really say a lot for your team, does it..;)

Valid points about the big boys calling it a day here...however Ford was whinging about assets already riding here.

You reap what you sow... very apt in this situation i would say.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Of course he does the right thing by the the club, its his club and his money. 

It is a big problem having so many "assets" to not choose from.

• Like 3

The sooner the asset system is challenged and scrapped, the better. You can't restrict the employment opportunities of someone with whom you don't have a current contract. They wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Your a bit late in the day with this. Still, we all know you are not a fan of Matt nor Poole, so i dont know why you bother.. What bait you using today ?

If you’ve nothing interesting or constructive to add to the thread then p*ss off 

• Like 3

Love how a throw away story from our local paper, which at best can't deliver a true story, can cause such response.

I didn't even know that Troy Batchelor was a Poole asset, but Troy is at Swindon because Swindon had to release one of their own assets. 

Poole should have signed Andersen anyway, that was their own decision.

If they had signed KK the fans would have seen it as a backward step.

Personally I like the asset system. I just think Swindon's team means more to supporters because most of them are more than just random averages.

3 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I didn't even know that Troy Batchelor was a Poole asset, but Troy is at Swindon because Swindon had to release one of their own assets. 

Personally I like the asset system. I just think Swindon's team means more to supporters because most of them are more than just random averages.

Same as Lynn, same at Wolves, BV etc

3 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Some saw signing Hans as a backward step he would have done a lot better than some we got now and a good captain as well imo

13 hours ago, OldRacer said:

The sooner the asset system is challenged and scrapped, the better. You can't restrict the employment opportunities of someone with whom you don't have a current contract. They wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

One rider did openly challenge it.... he never rode again