British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Matt Ford complains about Assets

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Because next year Poole could “insist” on signing their asset, Troy Batchelor, and break up the Swindon team.

Batch has only just come in, though, at the expense of a Swindon asset who the rules prevented them from retaining.

12 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Batch has only just come in, though, at the expense of a Swindon asset who the rules prevented them from retaining.

The point is that we could not be certain of keeping Batch next year - in the interests of continuity - if Poole wanted him.

Batch has ridden for us for five seasons, compared to just one at Poole 10 years ago, and yet he is a Poole asset! Daft.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Other clubs have no one to blame but themselves. Sitting there doing nothing while Matt Ford cleaned up.

That’s really working out well - don’t you think? :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, one of clubs said:

You reap what you sew.

Go on ................... why don't you just stick the needle in :t::t::t:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

That’s really working out well - don’t you think? :rolleyes:

I guess it has as other clubs have to pay quite a bit of money every year to Matt Ford for the loan of his riders.

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I guess it has as other clubs have to pay quite a bit of money every year to Matt Ford for the loan of his riders.

Yeah, we call it “keeping Poole at the bottom of the table”. Lol Matt’s so daft :)

33 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And then he forks out loan fees for Worrall, Kildemand and Nielsen - seems odd with all those assets!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I thought I read somewhere that he didn't get any loan fee's for the assets that he inherited from Peterborough. Not sure if that is true but it would be a big loss to the club's income if that was true.

On 6/2/2018 at 1:03 PM, DC2 said:

Now I’m not a big fan of Matt Ford but this quote from the Bournemouth Echo takes the biscuit:

“The situation with Chris Holder has damaged us severely, especially when the club has assets like Hans Andersen and Kenneth Bjerre at Leicester, Troy Batchelor at Swindon and Krzysztof Kasprzak at Rye House. Clearly, these riders would have been a great help to us at this point and yet they have not been available due to the rules and regulations.”

Correct me if I’m wrong, but couldn’t Ford have included at least one of those assets instead of Sundstrom and did he expect the others to sit around, waiting for Poole injuries, rather than sign for other clubs? Could he have included club asset Ellis Perks instead of Szzzzpaniak?

A selfish, spoilt attitude!

Ford, and Poole, had the opportunity to sign as many of their own assets and the riders mentioned here at the start of the season, it was their choice not to. Where I agree is the situation they have found themselves in with Chris Holder and the affect it has had on the team but here again I would find it amazing that Poole were unaware of Holders issues regarding his visa before the season started.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

It is not just Poole, though, that have assets/registrations & don't/won't use them. This year, the 1 over 8average rider for team building did not help but what about at the lower end.

SSSSHHH, your not suposed to say that, it goes against the grain on here..:D

Edited by Starman2006

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

Swindon 46.74

Wolves 47.44

Belle Vue 43.98

Poole 42.54

Rye House 43.73

Somerset 41.93

Kings Lynn 38.46

Leicester 43.02

Those are the 2017 finishing averages.

For 2018, to encourage continuity and fan loyalty any team should have been allowed to keep the same riders, regardless of average, or build a new team to the fourth highest average ((Rye’s 43.73). That could have meant the top three clubs keeping the same team and the bottom five replacing a couple of riders with better ones, whether they be established Championship scorers or emerging riders (UK or foreign). If they chose emerging riders they would truly be investing in their team’s future and would get closer to and ultimately overtake the top teams.

That was put in place 20 years ago and once Ipswich cleaned up it didnt even make it to the next season.....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

That was put in place 20 years ago and once Ipswich cleaned up it didnt even make it to the next season.....

That’s the problem. No strategy. Every year rules are made on the hoof. Whatever happened to the draft reserves or the two Brits rule, both uncharacteristically sensible.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

That’s the problem. No strategy. Every year rules are made on the hoof. Whatever happened to the draft reserves or the two Brits rule, both uncharacteristically sensible.

Well when you have a club that doesn't like having Brit assets hmmm.

Its all right having a list of riders that you own  But they must want to ride for you They can't be forced as far as I know

The Draft Reserve system made sense, apart from it should have been used in the CL with minimum 6 point NL riders and in the PL with 4  to 6 point CL riders and they should have been given averages after 6H & 6A, moving into the 1-5.

Fodder like Jack Smith shouldn’t be in the PL yet & Aussies, like Etheridge, shouldn’t be benefitting ahead of GB youngsters. Stefan Nielsen, Perks and Jacobs should be PL reserves.

Likewise, Flint, Kemp, Kinsley and Jenkins should get minimum 12 match CL averages (or preferably a season) before they turn up in the PL.