British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Trees

King’s Lynn Stars fan - StarFever (Gerald)

Just wanted everyone to know that Jane, Gerald’s wife, has informed me that StarFever passed away yesterday morning.  Such sad news about a fellow Stars fan, I stood on the 1st/2nd bend with them for years without really knowing one another, then met him and Jane and shared memories, like you do and of course remained speedway buddies from then on.  He loved the sport, was a knowledgable guy, straight talking on here and even after he suffered a stroke a few years back, Jane still brought him along to watch the Stars.  RIP Gerald :(

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

Very sad news, RIP StarFever

Trees please pass on my best wishes to Jane in what must be a very difficult time. Gerald was a gentleman and a true stars fan. I am sure he will be missed by many. RIP.

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

Trees please pass on my best wishes to Jane in what must be a very difficult time. Gerald was a gentleman and a true stars fan. I am sure he will be missed by many. RIP.

Will do.

It is a  sad reality,   that will eventually happen to us all.   I hope his family can take some comfort in the fact he lived his life,  enjoying the sport, he so loved.    

His departure will be a sad loss, not only to his family and friends , but to the club also...      RIP Gerald.........

Really sad news.

Never knew Gerald personally though would probably have known him by sight. I always enjoyed his posts on here. Fair, balanced and like Trees mentioned, he said it how he saw it.

Rest in peace StarFever