British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions vs Diamonds - 08.06.18 19.30

The Lindgren debate has been done to death and yes he is what he is. But what he is isnt good enough imo, be it at any position in the main body of the team.

which begs the question why we keep signing him year in year out regardless?. Does his sponsors put money into the club in anyway that he has a hold in us?? Because his return over the past 4 seasons hasnt got any better.

carrying your captain constantly away from home is pretty poor at best, yet we just put up with it as a club year in year out. 

Its like being able to decorate your own home to a decent standard but once you go next door your arms fall off!!

He would survive a nuclear war ffs!!   

• Like 1

Ref. Lindgren.  15 meetings rode - 7 homes, 8 away.  Apart from four big double figure scores (all at home = 58 pts) Leaving 19 pts from remaining home meetings.

Rode 8 away meetings for 29 pts, giving an average of 3.62 pts per meeting.

Facts, not opinions.

"The Mackem"

• Like 2

5 hours ago, scarletrider said:

Ref. Lindgren.  15 meetings rode - 7 homes, 8 away.  Apart from four big double figure scores (all at home = 58 pts) Leaving 19 pts from remaining home meetings.

Rode 8 away meetings for 29 pts, giving an average of 3.62 pts per meeting.

Facts, not opinions.

"The Mackem"

................ and THAT says it all.

2 hours ago, The White Knight said:

................ and THAT says it all.

Yeah, you can't argue with those numbers,,, a suppose it suggests that Ludde isn't doing well away, but is great at home and, it makes sense to keep your home fans happy and entertained ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, you can't argue with those numbers,,, a suppose it suggests that Ludde isn't doing well away, but is great at home and, it makes sense to keep your home fans happy and entertained ;)

I suppose.

It is very frustrating though, when you see how he can ride at Home.

22 hours ago, The White Knight said:

So you say he is inspiring the Riders AWAY from Home do you. :rolleyes:

I must politely disagree. :rolleyes:

His Points return AWAY from Home is shocking - or - are you saying otherwise? :unsure: :blink:

No but there are other ways to inspire team mates other as well as points scoring. How do you know he doesn't inspire or encourage away from home you don't go!

21 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

This is a tricky one, and by no means an unreasonable question, but I think Ludwig's away performances have to be accepted for what they are because so far as I can see he is doing his best.

It might be a little simplistic just to say he should get more points on other tracks. I dont know why he doesn't, but given how riders are paid, why wouldn't he want to score well? If - for whatever reason - he can't, then he can't. The point I am trying  to get across is that he didn't ask to be at No. 1 and maybe he isn't suited to the role.

Cast your mind back to the summer (the Parky and Tsunami will know which year :-) ) when we had a pair of underperforming Danish no.1s and Dickie Juul performed heroics at No. 3 while averaging (iirc) about 6.5. I don't remember anyone giving him the sort of grief Ludde is getting now. 

It is not necessary to be one of the top scorers in a team to be a good captain - see for example, Sneddon, D. and Havelock, B.

It was 2004 before we signed Jason Lyons!

In my honest opinion you knew what you were getting with Dickie Juul I would and always have backed him over Lindgren any day  the sooner we ditch him the better I say.

Edited by mike7164

26 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

I suppose.

It is very frustrating though, when you see how he can ride at Home.

Yeah, but its always more comfortable when you've got your slippers on ;)

12 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, what happens if Ludde decide's that he wants to do Poland at weekends ???

Bye can we have a whip round for his one way ticket?:o:D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, what happens if Ludde decide's that he wants to do Poland at weekends ???

you having a laugh woudnt get a ride in the polish 2nd division though I do wish he would so we could get shot 

of hin.think this is his 7th season and is the most frustrating rider I have watched.dosent matter he,s not a no1

where ever he rides he,s the same away from home Edinburgh being the exception

19 minutes ago, mike7164 said:

Bye can we have a whip round for his one way ticket?:o:D

What do you mean, 'we',,, am not putting in :(

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, boomerang said:

you having a laugh

Well,,, yes I was actually, but not everyone seemed to grasp it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

What do you mean, 'we',,, am not putting in :(

I might even upgrade him to business class!

But he has to be on the plane  by Tuesday so we have time to fill in the team sheet for Friday! 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mike7164 said:

I might even upgrade him to business class!

But he has to be on the plane  by Tuesday so we have time to fill in the team sheet for Friday! 

No !!!,,, its Edinburgh, he does ok there, sometimes.

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

No !!!,,, its Edinburgh, he does ok there, sometimes.

Be careful or I'll withdraw my offer LOL!