British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions vs Diamonds - 08.06.18 19.30

2 hours ago, leander said:

By the same implication you could say he was only beaten by Scorpions powerhouse top four (which they are especially around Scunthorpe) all of whom have a higher average than Ludde and should, therefore, beat him anyway.

It should be said that up until now the only team who have scored more at Scunthorpe this year than us are Sheffield (who traditionally do well there) who got 41.

If it wasn't for Tero's unfortunate puncture in heat 15 we would have done even better than that.

Lindgren can do no wrong on here people always making excuses for him it makes me laugh ! 3 points is a joke 

your on about lindgren average kus has a lower average but he was still beating the Scunthorpe riders with a higher average so stop talking rubbish 

1 hour ago, Gating tart said:

Lindgren can do no wrong on here people always making excuses for him it makes me laugh ! 3 points is a joke 

your on about lindgren average kus has a lower average but he was still beating the Scunthorpe riders with a higher average so stop talking rubbish 

And your solution is!!!!???

Not an excuse for Lindgren just FACT. Matej had a higher average than Lindgren before he went to Redcar, where for various reasons he wasn't happy. And he is a confidence rider.

He's back at Newcastle, he's happy again + a new engine he's brought from the continent. And it showed. He scored more points last night in two rides than he's scored in seven rides the previous twice he was at Scunthorpe this season. The only Scunthorpe rider he beat in his previous two matches was Danny Phillips, when Danny fell off!

Everybody knocks Lindgren for not producing no.1 scores, but he wouldn't  be a no 1 anywhere else in the League. It's the way it is. If it wasn't for stupid rolling averages he wouldn't be number 1 now. 

And "white Knight" the fact he isn't scoring doesn't mean he doesn't inspire and encourage others to do well for the team. 

Personally I think as a team we are overachieving this year. Certainly doing better than I expected with what we've got. Team spirit within the camp must have a lot to do with that.

36 minutes ago, leander said:

Not an excuse for Lindgren just FACT. Matej had a higher average than Lindgren before he went to Redcar, where for various reasons he wasn't happy. And he is a confidence rider.

He's back at Newcastle, he's happy again + a new engine he's brought from the continent. And it showed. He scored more points last night in two rides than he's scored in seven rides the previous twice he was at Scunthorpe this season. The only Scunthorpe rider he beat in his previous two matches was Danny Phillips, when Danny fell off!

Everybody knocks Lindgren for not producing no.1 scores, but he wouldn't  be a no 1 anywhere else in the League. It's the way it is. If it wasn't for stupid rolling averages he wouldn't be number 1 now. 

And "white Knight" the fact he isn't scoring doesn't mean he doesn't inspire and encourage others to do well for the team. 

Personally I think as a team we are overachieving this year. Certainly doing better than I expected with what we've got. Team spirit within the camp must have a lot to do with that.

'Go on, you tell em' ;)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, leander said:

So you say he is inspiring the Riders AWAY from Home do you. :rolleyes:

I must politely disagree. :rolleyes:

His Points return AWAY from Home is shocking - or - are you saying otherwise? :unsure: :blink:

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

Was it just great riding by the Scunny pair or was it a poor Lindgren ride ? for me Robbo lifting decided the race  it changed the race completely. Robbo lifted Auty came underneath him and then got the speed on the outside to make a final charge great race though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The White Knight said:

Should you not expect more from your Number One and Captain.

A Captain s supposed to inspire his Team mates  BOTH Home and AWAY!!!

The highest averaged rider has to be at No. 1. If by referring to a Number One you mean someone who can win heats regularly away as well as at home, we don't have one this season.

It seems to me that Ludde gives all that he has to give. We can't ask for more than that. What, exactly, would you like him to do?

For some on here it won't matter what he does because it won't be good enough for them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Was it just great riding by the Scunny pair or was it a poor Lindgren ride ? for me Robbo lifting decided the race  it changed the race completely. Robbo lifted Auty came underneath him and then got the speed on the outside to make a final charge great race though.

Agree

1 minute ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

The highest averaged rider has to be at No. 1. If by referring to a Number One you mean someone who can win heats regularly away as well as at home, we don't have one this season.

It seems to me that Ludde gives all that he has to give. We can't ask for more than that. What, exactly, would you like him to do?

For some on here it won't matter what he does because it won't be good enough for them.

I only ask - do you think his Away performances are up to scratch?

In answer to your question - score more Points Away from Home.

He can be terrific at Home - why can he not produce that sort of form on his travels.

Or - is that an unreasonable question?

This is a tricky one, and by no means an unreasonable question, but I think Ludwig's away performances have to be accepted for what they are because so far as I can see he is doing his best.

It might be a little simplistic just to say he should get more points on other tracks. I dont know why he doesn't, but given how riders are paid, why wouldn't he want to score well? If - for whatever reason - he can't, then he can't. The point I am trying  to get across is that he didn't ask to be at No. 1 and maybe he isn't suited to the role.

Cast your mind back to the summer (the Parky and Tsunami will know which year :-) ) when we had a pair of underperforming Danish no.1s and Dickie Juul performed heroics at No. 3 while averaging (iirc) about 6.5. I don't remember anyone giving him the sort of grief Ludde is getting now.

It is not necessary to be one of the top scorers in a team to be a good captain - see for example, Sneddon, D. and Havelock, B.

41 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

This is a tricky one, and by no means an unreasonable question, but I think Ludwig's away performances have to be accepted for what they are because so far as I can see he is doing his best.

It might be a little simplistic just to say he should get more points on other tracks. I dont know why he doesn't, but given how riders are paid, why wouldn't he want to score well? If - for whatever reason - he can't, then he can't. The point I am trying  to get across is that he didn't ask to be at No. 1 and maybe he isn't suited to the role.

Cast your mind back to the summer (the Parky and Tsunami will know which year :-) ) when we had a pair of underperforming Danish no.1s and Dickie Juul performed heroics at No. 3 while averaging (iirc) about 6.5. I don't remember anyone giving him the sort of grief Ludde is getting now.

It is not necessary to be one of the top scorers in a team to be a good captain - see for example, Sneddon, D. and Havelock, B.

He rode at no4 and was still shocking away from home so there’s no change there 

• Like 1

3 points for a rider of Ludde's ability is frustrating but the bigger picture as I see it is that he is part of an under-strength team with a fair few spare points to play with.

The most obvious way to start getting points on the road would be to replace Wilkinson or Wethers with an out-and-out number 1 rider to take some of the pressure off Lindgren. Both have done their jobs pretty well, so whoever had to make way for the numbers game would hopefully get fixed up elsewhere soon enough.

For Ludde's own good, he then needs to score closer to his average on the road to supplement his home performances, with a view to taking his average up to 8, which someone of his ability and experience should be capable of.

Given how, supposedly, very few riders are willing to ride for Newcastle, we should probably count ourselves lucky to have him!

Regardless whatever you say Lindgren is not a No #1 but the usual people will defend him as usual 

Edited by Tonystark

6 hours ago, Tonystark said:

Regardless whatever you say Lindgren is not a No #1 but the usual people will defend him as usual 

and the usual will have a go.

7 hours ago, PaulS said:

Given how, supposedly, very few riders are willing to ride for Newcastle, we should probably count ourselves lucky to have him!

Yeah, what happens if Ludde decide's that he wants to do Poland at weekends ???

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, what happens if Ludde decide's that he wants to do Poland at weekends ???

Good Riddance lol

• Haha 1