British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star Lady

Kings Lynn vs Rye House June 18th

Just seen on twitter that the A10 thro West Winch will be closed for resurfacing from 7pm to 6am for 5 days from June 18th.

hopefully the early notice will give fans time to find diversions cos it will cause major delays

this is to mainly help Rye fans who will use the A10 but it might prove useful to some in the Wisbech area:P

http://www.edp24.co.uk/motoring/a10-north-runcton-near-kings-lynn-major-road-resurfacing-1-5545314

Edited by Star Lady
edit to add link
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the info, Star Lady - always useful to know about these things in advance. If you'll forgive me for going slightly off topic, do any King's Lynn fans on here think the attendance for this fixture could be adversely affected by England's World Cup football match being on TV at 7pm the same evening?

• Like 2

I hope Buster leaves enough space in the car park for Webbo to land his Chopper. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, semion said:

I hope Buster leaves enough space in the car park for Webbo to land his Chopper. :)

Thanks to 'Star Lady's '  announcement ,   although the problem is not at the door of the speedway,   we can make arrangements to compensate any upheaval.         

So easy to do things properly...    :t:

On the plus side for me, that should mean the overnight closure from Swaffham to Kings Lynn should be finished. Highways people wouldn't be THAT stupid would they?!

8 hours ago, White City Rebel said:

Thanks for the info, Star Lady - always useful to know about these things in advance. If you'll forgive me for going slightly off topic, do any King's Lynn fans on here think the attendance for this fixture could be adversely affected by England's World Cup football match being on TV at 7pm the same evening?

Yes, although hard to say how many it will take off the gate. Not hundreds I would suggest.

I’ll be one that’s missing. Ludicrous to run against an England game in the World Cup, especially since the group fixtures have been known since last December.

4 minutes ago, Speedball said:

I’ll be one that’s missing. Ludicrous to run against an England game in the World Cup, especially since the group fixtures have been known since last December.

I must say I have been surprised that a promoter of Mr Chapman's experience would go with a home fixture on this date. Some clashes with major televised football events are unavoidable, but as Speedball says, not in this case.  

• Like 1

Speedway fans will watch this.... Football fans will watch England.... Those who are unsure will tune into Britains Got talent or some other form of cheap TV :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, White City Rebel said:

I must say I have been surprised that a promoter of Mr Chapman's experience would go with a home fixture on this date. Some clashes with major televised football events are unavoidable, but as Speedball says, not in this case.  

Unfortunately, when it was decided to run FRN,   the number of available options are decreased.    Add to that the amount all those days we lost at the start of the season and the percentage goes up all the time.    When you consider the matches we have agree to ride without a full quota of riders,   racing on the same night as an England match  is of little importance.

17 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Unfortunately, when it was decided to run FRN,   the number of available options are decreased.    Add to that the amount all those days we lost at the start of the season and the percentage goes up all the time.    When you consider the matches we have agree to ride without a full quota of riders,   racing on the same night as an England match  is of little importance.

Must admit when I first saw the date I assumed it was at the behest of BT and the meeting was to be televised but apparently not.

Why it's been put in the fixture list for this date and left there defies all logic and common sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Why it's been put in the fixture list for this date and left there defies all logic and common sense.

What defies all logic is you making that statement after following Speedway for 50 plus years. :D

1 minute ago, semion said:

What defies all logic is you making that statement after following Speedway for 50 plus years. :D

In my defence I have just got in after a rather long lunch with the girls:D

and you should have seen my first effort at typing that:wub:

Alcohol abuse is no excuse for statements like that !:D  and why was I not invited ? :D

If fans are not watching the football or a replay of a BGT round they could watch One Man & His Dog / Tractor at the AFA. I think the attendance could be well down.