British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star Lady

Kings Lynn vs Rye House June 18th

17 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Must admit when I first saw the date I assumed it was at the behest of BT and the meeting was to be televised but apparently not.

Why it's been put in the fixture list for this date and left there defies all logic and common sense.

Maybe they arranged it on this date as other dates probably clashed with more of our riders being in Denmark or elsewhere.It just shows people want to moan about anything.Many people have been moaning about our riders missing now they have possibly avoided one of these clashes they want to moan about something else.Some fans very fickle.

Well if i had a choice,and i love my football i would go to the speedway and record the football.But again on this occasion i haven't a choice because i have to be at bloody work again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tellboy said:

Maybe they arranged it on this date as other dates probably clashed with more of our riders being in Denmark or elsewhere.It just shows people want to moan about anything.Many people have been moaning about our riders missing now they have possibly avoided one of these clashes they want to moan about something else.   Some fans very fickle.

Well if i had a choice,and i love my football i would go to the speedway and record the football.But again on this occasion i haven't a choice because i have to be at bloody work again.

They sure are  !!    You even get moaners, moaning about  other moaners just for the sake of it....    If you decided to forego a match and stay at home to watch the football  ,   I'm   sure the club would benefit by knowing the reasons why,    so next time they will be able to make a more calculated decision when fixtures clash....

Give me constructive criticism any day.     Negative opinions are far more beneficial than those always blowing sunshine up the Clubs A- - e .    We fans,  like nothing more then to be kept in the picture of what is going on.  .   The majority of problem arise because we are ignored.  

NB.   Because of a Hospital visit yesterday,  I noticed a large sign, advising Road Works on the ' Pullover Road'  and the A17 / A47  Roundabout Junction.     spread over a period of 6 wks from the 11th of June.     There were no specific dates of actual work, but you can bet they will coincide with the speedway meetings.   But at least we have been warned and can go the back roads  levitating any holdups.   

So easy to make decisions when we know beforehand.....   

Please, could we have news of the Stars team lineup in good time? If possible 48 hours before the match, even though we accept that injuries may be last minute decisions, taken by medical staff.

I saw a tweet from Lynn saying they are showing the footie on the big screen come and watch both. Not sure how, as you can't see the racing from the bar or the TV from the terraces:unsure:

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

I saw a tweet from Lynn saying they are showing the footie on the big screen come and watch both. Not sure how, as you can't see the racing from the bar or the TV from the terraces:unsure:

The screen on bends 1/2?

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, tellboy said:

Maybe they arranged it on this date as other dates probably clashed with more of our riders being in Denmark or elsewhere.It just shows people want to moan about anything.Many people have been moaning about our riders missing now they have possibly avoided one of these clashes they want to moan about something else.Some fans very fickle.

I would be more worried about the Lynn team that will be riding at Swindon on Thursday night as Panthers visit Redcar ,so no MPT,   will  Jorgensen be riding for Redcar also Glasgow have an away fixture that night so no Kerr  added to that will Proctor be fit enough to ride and you could end up with at least 4 riders missing

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I would be more worried about the Lynn team that will be riding at Swindon on Thursday night as Panthers visit Redcar ,so no MPT,   will  Jorgensen be riding for Redcar also Glasgow have an away fixture that night so no Kerr  added to that will Proctor be fit enough to ride and you could end up with at least 4 riders missing

That is a pity as I enjoy watching MPT, a decent rider as he showed thurs when riding for Rye at Swindon 

2 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

The screen on bends 1/2?

Not according to the tweet, which specifically said TV in the bar.

On 6 June 2018 at 2:36 PM, g13webb said:

They sure are  !!    You even get moaners, moaning about  other moaners just for the sake of it....    If you decided to forego a match and stay at home to watch the football  ,   I'm   sure the club would benefit by knowing the reasons why,    so next time they will be able to make a more calculated decision when fixtures clash....

Give me constructive criticism any day.     Negative opinions are far more beneficial than those always blowing sunshine up the Clubs A- - e .    We fans,  like nothing more then to be kept in the picture of what is going on.  .   The majority of problem arise because we are ignored.  

NB.   Because of a Hospital visit yesterday,  I noticed a large sign, advising Road Works on the ' Pullover Road'  and the A17 / A47  Roundabout Junction.     spread over a period of 6 wks from the 11th of June.     There were no specific dates of actual work, but you can bet they will coincide with the speedway meetings.   But at least we have been warned and can go the back roads  levitating any holdups.   

So easy to make decisions when we know beforehand.....   

I think you'll get in ok via the A47 but will have to detour home. The quickest way has been to go back to the pullover roundabout then on to the A17 then take the first left to Tilney All Saints, when you've followed the road through it's a right turn onto the old Lynn road and back onto the A47, adds about 5 mins onto the trip.

Although we sit bottom of the table I see the Stars having no problem hitting 60 past "Dad's Army".

England to win 4-0 so thrashings all round Monday night.

The only chance of getting 60 on monday if with a visit to the dart board (you will find the darts in the back of Batchelor and Holder from last year)

Kings Lynn 43 Rye House 47

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

The only chance of getting 60 on monday if with a visit to the dart board (you will find the darts in the back of Batchelor and Holder from last year)

Kings Lynn 43 Rye House 47

If Rye House get close, we deserve bottom of the league. 

After a promising start to the season, with Niels time out, few injuries and illness and Danish fixture clashes it's all gone a bit pear shaped. 

Need to get a good win on Monday to get the season going again, or it's gonna end up like every other season, starts off promising and ends up a damp squib...

No team news yet?! Shouldn't be hard with no fixture clashes!

37 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

No team news yet?! Shouldn't be hard with no fixture clashes!

Has to be just under the 24 hours prior to the match before such vital information can be released. So this evening 8pm or perhaps after breakfast on Monday.

Given that the regs state the home side have to initially set their team 5 days before any meeting there really is no excuse