British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star Lady

Kings Lynn vs Rye House June 18th

As i'm someone travelling from Newmarket and after reading various posts on here do i assume that the road through West Winch is closed at 7.00 pm onwards tomorrow, and the A47 could be closed in both directions after the meeting?, i would just like to plan ahead if anybody knows for sure whats happening.

Anyone know who prints the matchday programme scoresheet, 'cos they would know the intended line-ups!!;):rolleyes:

Nobody else does it seems - far too early for the media team from KLS to spring into action. I think it's going to be that group from down south  V this group from Norfolk, Cambs and Denmark.

There doesn't seem to be much interest anyway and it looks like the bulk of regulars will watch the England match from the comfort of their homes.

Edited by waytogo28
Additional point made

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Given that the regs state the home side have to initially set their team 5 days before any meeting there really is no excuse

Don't forget decisions taken for the "good of the sport". Anything goes. I get it now, they have set their team but want to keep us all in suspense ( to generate higher ticket sales ).

At the start of this season Stars management told us things would change on the media front, due to the appointment of R Brundle. They have kept there promise as things have changed. Things are worse.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mrss said:

At the start of this season Stars management told us things would change on the media front, due to the appointment of R Brundle. They have kept there promise as things have changed. Things are worse.

I wonder how much input Mr Brundle has :blink:

1 hour ago, mrss said:

That's a bit harsh. Its certainly better than last season, and started off fairly well this season,  but is very hit and miss now

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I wonder how much input Mr Brundle has :blink:

Very little in the areas in which he was said to have expertise. Unless it is a slow burning input and will bloom over the next winter.

Stars are at full strength for Monday's home meeting against Rye House..

1 hour ago, mrss said:

Stars are at full strength for Monday's home meeting against Rye House..

What, 6 guests and R/R? :D

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Haha:blink:-_-

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Don't be so negative all the time Dan..You know what a full strength Lynn side means...:nono:

3 guests and an R/R :P

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2018 at 10:33 PM, Daniel Smith said:

Although we sit bottom of the table I see the Stars having no problem hitting 60 past "Dad's Army".

England to win 4-0 so thrashings all round Monday night.

I don’t think there are many more pessimistic Rockets fans than me, but even I find it difficult to imagine you’ll score 60 points. 

England  2-1

• Like 1

I’ll be there tonight. Speedway is my sport! Surprised this 1 isn’t televised. 

Each to their own own I guess with the football. I’m trying to get the buzz for it but it just seems so overhyped. The complete opposite to speedway.

only speedway fans knew about the speedway of nations. Nothing mentioned on talksport about our efforts but they Loosely mentioned a rugby challenge match. What does the sport have to do for recognition! On the other hand I hear all sorts football. Much time spent talking about minnow nations. It all just seems wrong. It’s overkill really. I guess somewhere money is king. Football monopolises over all other sports

So speedway for me and I think at this point in time our sport needs as many fans as it can get. Stop drinking the Football cool ade and support your team .

• Like 1

Still madness to run against England on what is not your regular race night. Why force fans into making a choice.

• Like 1