British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star Lady

Kings Lynn vs Rye House June 18th

How Rye House do tonight depends a lot on which KK turns up and which of the old warhorses are able to get into full race mode. Also, which of them can ensure their machinery is up to it, on the pacy Saddlebow Rd track. If Harris has got the right bikes he can still cut the mustard on this track and at his best KK could remain unbeaten.

For the Stars, we need NKI to be something like at his best too!

Edited by waytogo28
Additional point made

3 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

I’ll be there tonight. Speedway is my sport! Surprised this 1 isn’t televised. 

Each to their own own I guess with the football. I’m trying to get the buzz for it but it just seems so overhyped. The complete opposite to speedway.

only speedway fans knew about the speedway of nations. Nothing mentioned on talksport about our efforts but they Loosely mentioned a rugby challenge match. What does the sport have to do for recognition! On the other hand I hear all sorts football. Much time spent talking about minnow nations. It all just seems wrong. It’s overkill really. I guess somewhere money is king. Football monopolises over all other sports

So speedway for me and I think at this point in time our sport needs as many fans as it can get. Stop drinking the Football cool ade and support your team .

The Football World Cup is the biggest sporting event in the world. It is stupid to run against it, no matter what form of sport you are trying to run. 

What does the sport have to do for recognition? Drag itself into the 21st century and give fans a valid reason to part with their cash to watch it. Stop shooting itself in the foot with silly rules etc. The reasons are plentiful. 

As for tonight, we'll lose. But hopefully it won't be by too many. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

The Football World Cup is the biggest sporting event in the world. It is stupid to run against it, no matter what form of sport you are trying to run. 

What does the sport have to do for recognition? Drag itself into the 21st century and give fans a valid reason to part with their cash to watch it. Stop shooting itself in the foot with silly rules etc. The reasons are plentiful. 

As for tonight, we'll lose. But hopefully it won't be by too many. 

Proctor ruled out tonight

So, it's confirmed that the football will only be shown in the bar and not on the big screen.

Certainly cannot watch both sports from inside the bar. 

An epic fail.

40 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

So, it's confirmed that the football will only be shown in the bar and not on the big screen.

An epic fail.

I guess running against England in the World Cup won’t help attendance that’s for sure -running on a Monday won’t either probably the worst night of the week to run speedway being bottom of the league won’t help either. 

Sadly speedway never learns and at Kings Lynn we definitely don’t 

on a different note I see Somerset have dropped Charles Wright - could the Stars fit him in in Andersen place maybe ? not sure on averages 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Haza said:

I guess running against England in the World Cup won’t help attendance that’s for sure -running on a Monday won’t either probably the worst night of the week to run speedway being bottom of the league won’t help either. 

Sadly speedway never learns and at Kings Lynn we definitely don’t 

on a different note I see Somerset have dropped Charles Wright - could the Stars fit him in in Andersen place maybe ? not sure on averages 

Charles Wright is on a 6.36 average. Need to let 2 go to fit him in.

20 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Ok thanks for that was just a thought 

36 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

If one of those is MPT I wonder if Swindon might try to fit him in.

Edited by A ORLOV

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

An epic fail.

Did the club ever say that it would be on the big screen or was it the usual Chinese whispers?

Personally I don't see how it ever could have been on the scoreboard screen, not particularly safe if it catches the eye of people who should be concentrating on the racing and maybe some people at speedway would record the football and watch it later. At least in the bar people have the choice, although personally I would decide on one or the other and not mix and match.

Tonight's meeting is huge for The Stars. No Proctor which I believes weekens us, Palm Toft is gonna be very busy and Anderson will need to have 4 rides. Unless Iversen is on top form we could really struggle. Get a win and we're back on track but another home defeat and we'll be exactly where everyone expected at the start of the season... Rock bottom with things looking gloomy. 

4 minutes ago, The Stag said:

Tonight's meeting is huge for The Stars. No Proctor which I believes weekens us, Palm Toft is gonna be very busy and Anderson will need to have 4 rides. Unless Iversen is on top form we could really struggle. Get a win and we're back on track but another home defeat and we'll be exactly where everyone expected at the start of the season... Rock bottom with things looking gloomy. 

Even I can't see the Stars dropping points to Rye House. Emphatic home win. Lose to this team then even the most enthusiastic will surely have doubts about the remainder of the season.

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

An epic fail.

You can watch England's first half without interruption.2nd half would be a bit more difficult.I can't watch either where i've got to be tonight:sad:

I see KK is bringing his Poole 2017 form to Rye tonight.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I see KK is bringing his Poole 2017 form to Rye tonight.

First bad meeting in about 20 matches but I can understand your smirking.

Well done KL for an impressive result, hoped for a far better score although Lambert and Toffs current form did trouble me beforehand, but we should have competed with Kerr and Jorgensen

Cant afford any slip ups at home on Wednesday otherwise the season will quickly become a long one.