British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star Lady

Kings Lynn vs Rye House June 18th

For all you doom merchants on here looked a fairly decent cowd tonight. Didn't seem any worse than any other 'school night' match.

Thoroughly professional job by the stars against a woeful rockets team. Hopefully can start pushing on again, but even before Kasper's fall he was struggling, really not sure how much longer we can we can give him before looking at other options. Surely there must be better 4 pointers out there.

39 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

For all you doom merchants on here looked a fairly decent cowd tonight. Didn't seem any worse than any other 'school night' match.

Thoroughly professional job by the stars against a woeful rockets team. Hopefully can start pushing on again, but even before Kasper's fall he was struggling, really not sure how much longer we can we can give him before looking at other options. Surely there must be better 4 pointers out there.

Kasper sits on a 2.50 after 7 meetings. He hasn't completed 4 home and away yet. I don't know if they can get a 4 pointer in now. If not it's 2.5 I think.

6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Kasper sits on a 2.50 after 7 meetings. He hasn't completed 4 home and away yet. I don't know if they can get a 4 pointer in now. If not it's 2.5 I think.

The regs dont allow his average to drop below 4

• Like 1

Woeful indeed were Rye House and their team structure needs a re-think for next season. Their veteran riders are just about past it away and they have little to offer lower down the team last night. Robson in heat 15 says it all. As for KK it's a good thing for him there is no retrospective action in speedway as he definitely brought the sport into disrepute. He threw his toys out of the pram after being caught out moving at the start in every ride. Cheated the paying fans as I have seen him score a brilliant five ride maximum around Saddlebow Rd in the past. He will never rise again to world class heights with that temperament.

The return of the Prodigal Son was wonderful, both in the photo opp. with the British Championship trophy and on track later - There's only one Robert Lambert!

Sadly the battle with the first England football match was lost as there were less than 1,000 people there and I don't feel it was because of it being a Monday. Better holding matches on a Monday with a full KL team than on  Weds with several riders riding in Denmark.

Edited by waytogo28
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, semion said:

Is Anderson being shown the door ? 

On last night's showing he is not up to the level required to be competitive in the Premier League ( before his crash ). I believe a change would benefit the team but KLS have a long held habit of leaving changes too late and of being too loyal to riders they have signed.

Buster is not one to change unless something falls into his lap

Great to see Jorgensen have a good night and a superb performance from Palm-Toft. Rye House were really poor, I expected them to put up more of a fight. Unfortunately Anderson is quite simply not up to it and we need to look at possible replacements but knowing Lynn they'll stick by him. 

18 minutes ago, The Stag said:

Great to see Jorgensen have a good night and a superb performance from Palm-Toft. Rye House were really poor, I expected them to put up more of a fight. Unfortunately Anderson is quite simply not up to it and we need to look at possible replacements but knowing Lynn they'll stick by him. 

Swop you him for Clegg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Stag said:

Rye House were really poor, I expected them to put up more of a fight.

Quite honestly it was so dire in terms of racing and passing, I felt we would have been justified in asking for our money back. If it had not been for the return of Robert it would have been a match worth about £2.50p. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kelvinht said:

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Woeful indeed were Rye House and their team structure needs a re-think for next season. Their veteran riders are just about past it away and they have little to offer lower down the team last night. Robson in heat 15 says it all. As for KK it's a good thing for him there is no retrospective action in speedway as he definitely brought the sport into disrepute. He threw his toys out of the pram after being caught out moving at the start in every ride. Cheated the paying fans as I have seen him score a brilliant five ride maximum around Saddlebow Rd in the past. He will never rise again to world class heights with that temperament.

The return of the Prodigal Son was wonderful, both in the photo opp. with the British Championship trophy and on track later - There's only one Robert Lambert!

Sadly the battle with the first England football match was lost as there were less than 1,000 people there and I don't feel it was because of it being a Monday. Better holding matches on a Monday with a full KL team than on  Weds with several riders riding in Denmark.

Very differing opinions regarding the crowd. 

37 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Very differing opinions regarding the crowd. 

I thought that. I expect the truth is probably somewhere in the middle, I'm sure there were less people than there would have been with no Engand game but probably not dramatically so, not from what I've heard anyway.

As for Kasper, I'm never a fan of dropping riders but if an opportunity arose to strengthen the number seven position then it must be seriously considered. After a reasonable start he is now really struggling and its becoming likely that he's not quite ready for Premiership racing.

4 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Same old KK tho. He has been doing that for years. How he ever got to be world number 2 once is beyond me.

• Like 1

He has been brilliant at Saddlebow at times in the past, and with his upturn in form since joining Rye House I was really looking forward to his races with Lambert, but unfortunately it didn`t happen.