British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star Lady

Kings Lynn vs Rye House June 18th

3 hours ago, The Stag said:

Great to see Jorgensen have a good night and a superb performance from Palm-Toft. Rye House were really poor, I expected them to put up more of a fight. Unfortunately Anderson is quite simply not up to it and we need to look at possible replacements but knowing Lynn they'll stick by him. 

I'm wondering whether they will give him the 8 matches to attain an average for next season on something considerably lower than the 4 he is on now.Don't you get a bit of time from when he does his 8th match to replace him on a 4 rather than what his new average would be.So you can replace him on a 4 and a few days later his average would drop,maybe ideal for next season.

3 hours ago, Shadders said:

Swop you him for Clegg

Even Keith Chegwin wouldn't take that swap

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I'm wondering whether they will give him the 8 matches to attain an average for next season on something considerably lower than the 4 he is on now.Don't you get a bit of time from when he does his 8th match to replace him on a 4 rather than what his new average would be.So you can replace him on a 4 and a few days later his average would drop,maybe ideal for next season.

Doesnt matter what his actual average is after 8 meetings his team building average cannot drop below 4

45 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Doesnt matter what his actual average is after 8 meetings his team building average cannot drop below 4

If he was to come back next season,it would be on a lower average than 4.

25 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Think the rules have changed for new foreigners. I think they can't go below 4 at all.

I also think the 4.00 ave is only for team average. If we want to replace him after his 4h 4a we can only replace him with his actual average. 

31 minutes ago, tellboy said:

No 4 is the minimum for any rider other than cat 3 (which is effectively Brit 2 ptrs)

I thought a decent crowd. Not that far less than usual. Also thought some half decent races but unfortunately it was only 1 team really racing. A good result. Shame rye house didn’t really turn up but Harris and Nichols were competitive in some races. Andersen is struggling. Shame really. Hope he gets it right soon ish. It’s a shame we have to think about replacing him. How many points do we have to play with. Is it just 4 or is there some spare? I’d rather him get it right instead though

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Think the rules have changed for new foreigners. I think they can't go below 4 at all.

I also think the 4.00 ave is only for team average. If we want to replace him after his 4h 4a we can only replace him with his actual average. 

If that's the case then I would say replace him now.Didn't realize the rules had changed in the way that we couldn't bring him in next year on his lower average.

The first time I watched Andersen race you could see he would not make it, he may be a nice guy but his style is too awkward reminds me of Simon lambert. There are not too many tall riders who succeed but the ones who do normally look part of the bike eg Lee, Jonson, etc hopefully they will find a better replacement soon. I only needed 4 laps to say he won’t make it, so who was the ones who watched him and gave him a contract surly they could see what I and many other fans see after watching him? 

In his only point scoring race on Monday, Andersen looked more and more like losing it around 3 / 4 th bends. He made the same mistake each lap.

1 hour ago, lynnboy said:

The first time I watched Andersen race you could see he would not make it, he may be a nice guy but his style is too awkward reminds me of Simon lambert. There are not too many tall riders who succeed but the ones who do normally look part of the bike eg Lee, Jonson, etc hopefully they will find a better replacement soon. I only needed 4 laps to say he won’t make it, so who was the ones who watched him and gave him a contract surly they could see what I and many other fans see after watching him? 

I’d guess the main criteria was he’s cheap and just maybe he will be half decent rider given the chance and was worth a punt . Must admit I’d never heard of him prior him signing for KL .

Depends what 'making it' means, if he ends up being a 5-6 point rider like MPT or THJ then he'll have been worth persevering with. 

The only way anyone can tell that at this stage is if they have a crystal ball up the loft.

Josh Bailey was named our No 8 at the start of the season but hasn't been used   WONDER WHY? He is doing good well for Mildenhall would he be worth give a run out at NO 7 ??  

Carrying an injury I believe.