British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedy bill

no team

Why do we allow teams to run foreign  riders at reserve instead of giving British riders the places,it worked in 2014 so why not now.I dont think the Poles run foreign ridrs at reserve . I also cant understand why Josh Auty has not got a place in the premiership,he is third in the championship averages and still without a team spot are some promoters daft to let a talented rider out of a team spot.ANY thought why this is guys.

Edited by speedy bill
  • Like 1

I don't know what his Prem ave would be right now, if he was signed.Up and down in the Prem before if I remember.. Can easy win a race as come last.  Would make a good reserve, if he stayed there. Not likely though. To good.

Auty has failed at top flight level over and over again.

that said I prefer him to be a reserve than a foreigner.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Still a better rider than Kyle Howarth though Steve, he took him from the back at his home track Sheffield in the WC semi. Also  Auty has more of a chance than Howarth at Belle Vue of mixing it and being a spoiler in the British Final.

Two issues here Sidney,  and I agree with you on both,    Josh Auty has ridden for the Stars and done well.  He is far too good a rider no to have a team place, but probably the averages are too high and promoters feel they can get better value elsewhere.    I don't Know, but he is more than capable rider..... 

Allowing foreigners into the reserve slots is crazy.   These places should be the gateway for British riders gaining experience and upping their game.     We have a new rider in Jasper Andersen at reserve,  Nice lad,  but he is no better than lots of young English riders.  Surely it would have been better for our sport to look the future and supply our own riders with  opportunities  ......

These BSPA people, never rule things as one would imagine they should..  .... 

6 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Nail on head. I certainly wouldn't argue against reserves all being Brits.

Josh Auty's top league average is 4.68 so it's not too high. Howarth started the season on 6.64 so the two can't be compared as first division riders. I just don't think promoters feel that Auty can be relied upon to be consistent.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, g13webb said:

These BSPA people, never rule things as one would imagine they should.

Nor have sufficient imagination to devise changes that benefit the sport. Fan feedback is futile, however positive ( it's all taken as criticism, which always hurts the thin skinned ).

Poole got two poles riding at reserve in the latest averages what chance have young British got when this happens because of averages .

10 minutes ago, ray c said:

Poole got two poles riding at reserve in the latest averages what chance have young British got when this happens because of averages .

You could have Jacobs and Perks instead of those two, but that’s not the Poole mentality!

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You could have Jacobs and Perks instead of those two, but that’s not the Poole mentality!

Why would any team choose Jacobs and Perks over Woryna and Szczepaniak ! Considering no one has signed either of them i would suggest its every teams mentality ...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Until he bsps bring in you must use at least two Brits in the team it will never change yes I do know Poole don't use Brits .and less be honest if holder was available we would not have any Brits in Poole team ?

Not sure why this topic is on the Premiership section?  Surely its the Championship teams that should have a minimum of 3 young Brits in each team, plus a limit on the number of foreign riders?!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, speedy bill said:

Why do we allow teams to run foreign  riders at reserve instead of giving British riders the places,it worked in 2014 so why not now.

Did it work on 2014? I remember riders who were wildly out of their depth being thrown into the Elite League in the name of development. The "draft" was the pivotal moment for me, when the top league no longer held the presitge or cachet it should.

It must change next season that’s for sure unless the bspa have some form of death wish for UK speedway.

Go back to the 70’s and allow one foreigner per team!

Where would Poole be then!

Edited by GWC

14 minutes ago, GWC said:

It must change next season that’s for sure unless the bspa have some form of death wish for UK speedway.

Go back to the 70’s and allow one foreigner per team!

Where would Poole be then!

Where would any team be ?

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1