British Speedway Forum
stewmac

Major new sponsorship deal for British speedway

Not exactly British Speedway but the Great Britain team.

All the same it's great news and things are looking in the right direction compared to being stifled and suffocated by the BSPA.

With Woffy, Lambert and Bewley it's a nice backbone for future progress on the world stage and these are the 3 to work around. 

There are always good British rider that can clamp on to this. I hope Painter and Blackwell sit down with Adam Ellis too. He's another very good talent that I hope doesn't get wasted and stale. Add to that Richie and Stevie Worrall there's solid base to work with.

Obviously it shouldn't be a closed shop but to move forward professionally there has to be a focus on just a few.

Woffinden, Lambert, S.Worrall, R.Worrall, Ellis, Bewley.

Focus on this 6 and we may just have something to look forward to in a couple of years time.

Hasn't Adam Ellis being riding for France? He is a Frog ...

• Confused 1

Funny that. He’s never ridden for France and only has a British passport. 

Unless you know different of course. 

• Like 7

Well done to Speedway GB Team and Allied Mobility.

It certainly looks as if those now in charge of the national teams are putting in place what is needed. The future could be successful with Woffinden, Cook, Lambert, Bewley the Worrall's, Ellis and some youngsters showing good potential. We are in a better position with riders than we have been for many years and with more professional people in charge might be able again to challenge the Poles in a few years time.

• Like 1

Well the Spiller Brothers have been quite open in their allegiance to Germany, so you can count them out for the future.

27 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Well the Spiller Brothers have been quite open in their allegiance to Germany, so you can count them out for the future.

Would we want to count them in,even if they swapped allegiance to GB?:blink:

2 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Funny that. He’s never ridden for France and only has a British passport. 

Unless you know different of course. 

I think he was referring to the green skin and powerful rear legs

Speaks volumes that within weeks of taking over the Great Britain team the new management secure a major and significant sponsor.  Something the BSPA have failed to deliver on for years. I’m guessing cpl in the late eighties was the last time 

25 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Speaks volumes that within weeks of taking over the Great Britain team the new management secure a major and significant sponsor.  Something the BSPA have failed to deliver on for years. I’m guessing cpl in the late eighties was the last time 

And the sponsors they have brought in are actually members of the BSPA.

So really quite 'easy to find', one would have thought.

• Confused 1

Pity no one told Pearson tonight that it's Team GB not England, especially as the sponsors are a Glasgow (that's in Scotland btw for Nige & Kelv's benefit) based Company. 

Edited by cyclone
  • Like 6

21 hours ago, cyclone said:

Pity no one told Pearson tonight that it's Team GB not England, especially as the sponsors are a Glasgow (that's in Scotland btw for Nige & Kelv's benefit) based Company. 

I understood that, at last, that dreadful "Team GB" had been dropped, and we were finally "Great Britain" again

On 6/4/2018 at 12:53 PM, uk_martin said:

Who? If that is how they feel then they must do that, are they ever likely to race here anyways?