British Speedway Forum
NickRushbrook

Niche Sports TV - Promoting Speedway

Hey everyone.

I, along with a few associates have created the aforementioned channel to (hopefully) raise awareness of lesser known sports.

As a life long speedway fan, we are starting here and on Friday, filmed our first feature for the channel at Lakeside.

We hope to cover as much speedway in the UK as possible.

Of course, if we can help any particular club in any way, please get in touch.

If any of you good speedway folk would be so kind as to, 'like', 'follow' and 'subscribe' to our Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages, we would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

Nick

Links as follows:

https://www.facebook.com/nichesportstv/

@nichesportstv (Twitter)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC17nUiZ9Wqy2Bps22yDs72Q?view_as=subscriber - first feature released this week.

• Like 1

What do the BSPA charge you for media accreditation and a licence to film?

And did you get your media accreditation direct from the BSPA?  Or do Go-Speed still hold the media rights?

4 hours ago, NickRushbrook said:

As far as your other question, I think you would need to speak to the BSPA directly.

I asked you.

Surely you know who you got your Media rights licence from?    (I'm presuming you're not just breaching copyright).

27 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

I asked you.

Surely you know who you got your Media rights licence from?    (I'm presuming you're not just breaching copyright).

I was gonna reply earlier to wish these chaps luck but the swerving of your question stopped me.

I personally think all the permissions that the bspa/go-speed require/d for anyone to film are crazy, but still.

8 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

I asked you.

Can`t see why you feel the need to get uppity with Nick Rushbrook- if he doesn`t know about Go speed he obviously didn`t deal with them- so that leaves the BSPA themselves. So like him i suggest you ask them !!!

• Like 3

I'm not sure about the naming of the channel... you may as well have called it CrapSportsTV
But, good luck

• Haha 1

Guys, 

There is no swerving here at all.

I'm not at liberty to discuss payment and amounts etc on a public forum.

This has been done with permission, is what I'm prepared to say.

As, I said, if you want to find out for yourself, please contact the BSPA via the correct channels.

• Like 8

Good luck to you Nick, Anyone sticking their neck out to give more coverage to speedway in general deseves to be congratulated.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Can`t see why you feel the need to get uppity with Nick Rushbrook- if he doesn`t know about Go speed he obviously didn`t deal with them- so that leaves the BSPA themselves. So like him i suggest you ask them !!!

It's only you who got "uppity".

Nick said he'd done a media deal with the sport.  I was just curious how such things worked in the post-GoSpeed era, and asked a simple question.

He could have simply said "I don't want to divulge details of my deal", which he now has done

In the past the BSPA seemed to have given the media rights away to GoSpeed for little or no money, while GoSpeed appeared to do nothing with them to promote the sport or make money for the sport apart from the main TV deal.   I wondered whether things had changed now and the BSPA were exploiting other media revenue streams.

Edited by WalterPlinge
  • Like 1

Good luck with this, if you indeed have the proper rights and permissions in place, which is a little surprising given BSPA 'form' on this kind of thing. Since UK domestic and FIM TV rights are held by BT Sport, One Sport events by Eurosport and Swedish/Polish by Premier Sports/Freesports I'm intrigued to know what your content will consist of. Are we looking at just interviews and opinion plus scenes away from the track, as with Speedway Portal or are you able to show actual race action? 

Now, noble as it is to give 'niche sports' exposure I'd suggest that with coverage of three European leagues, BSI and One Sport events sharing space on channels which also feature top-class football, rugby, tennis, motorsport and professional American sports and whose on-air promotion is bundled-in with our own whether the term niche is actually that appropriate, at least in TV terms. Yes these are pay-TV channels but that's where most sport is these days, sadly, bar the occasional highlights deal or what they term "sporting crown jewels' like the Cup Final. 

I do hope that you can offer a service that is useful to the sport and respect your efforts in setting it up. I'm sure you can understand my curiosity that while the sport needs as much help as possible, exactly what your service will 'bring to the table', given that no actual content has yet been published? I see you are starting out wisely with the underserved Championship and look forward to finding out. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

33 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

It's only you who got "uppity".

Nick said he'd done a media deal with the sport.  I was just curious how such things worked in the post-GoSpeed era, and asked a simple question.

He could have simply said "I don't want to divulge details of my deal", which he now has done

In the past the BSPA seemed to have given the media rights away to GoSpeed for little or no money, while GoSpeed appeared to do nothing with them to promote the sport or make money for the sport apart from the main TV deal.   I wondered whether things had changed now and the BSPA were exploiting other media revenue streams.

If you weren`t being uppity- i would hate to see you when are are !! re-read your post "i asked you" "surely  you know" . He said(in so many words) he hadn`t dealt with Go speed  and he mentioned the BSPA  so in this case 2+2 does actually add up to 4.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NickRushbrook said:

This has been done with permission, is what I'm prepared to say.

That's all we needed to know. Hopefully we will see some plum heats then.