Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
NickRushbrook

Niche Sports TV - Promoting Speedway

Recommended Posts

Best of luck with this Project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KM Video? Wasn't that the company that used to cover Stoke? With the guy with the beard who's only "question" to riders was "you normally go well round here don't you?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, iainb said:

KM Video? Wasn't that the company that used to cover Stoke? With the guy with the beard who's only "question" to riders was "you normally go well round here don't you?"

No.

You've got the wrong company entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

No.

You've got the wrong company entirely.

ah... who did KM Video cover? the name rings a bell

I think I was thinking of B&J Video

Edited by iainb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iainb said:

ah... who did KM Video cover? the name rings a bell

I think I was thinking of B&J Video

Yes you were thinking of B& J. They were one of those fairly amateur video companies of the late eighties that produced track videos of varying quality.

KM Video were producing much more professional videos from major meetings and around the tracks much earlier.
I believe they supplied the cable and satelite stations with speedway in that era.

Rob Mc can give us all the information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 7:06 AM, Trees said:

Maybe because he'd put a lot of thought and effort into the post, I wouldn't knock it myself, I think it was very good of him to have given advice? 

And he was thanked for it.

No need whatsoever for him to have one of his infamous hissy fits.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

was interesting to hear the 2 young riders interviewed that they like to hit the fast food joints after a meeting... I hope the GB speedway people don't see this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main mistake they made was expecting speedway riders to talk about anything other than the track or their bikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, poppetman said:

The main mistake they made was expecting speedway riders to talk about anything other than the track or their bikes.

Even on those subjects it is rare to find any rider who gives ANY meaningful insight in an interview.

This is true in most sports when there is time to fill... Shove in an interview.

It's usually pointless.

Either the interviewer used is poor and their questions facile  or the subject is poor and what they have to say is of no assistance to the viewer either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 7:06 AM, Trees said:

Maybe because he'd put a lot of thought and effort into the post, I wouldn't knock it myself, I think it was very good of him to have given advice? 

The chap didn't knock it tho did he ?

He thanked him sincerely - Rob just got uppity when long winded was mentioned.

The guys mentioned it was a fan project for speedway and other sports, i don't think they referred to wanting it to be a pro effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rob Mac making a twit of himself as usual, more to the point in regards to this forum, what does he bring to the table? Absolutely sod all. 

Sad old anoraks like him are the reason speedway is classed as such an un-cool sport.

could do without the likes of him, gustix, white knight etc on this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Rob Mac making a twit of himself as usual, more to the point in regards to this forum, what does he bring to the table? Absolutely sod all. 

Sad old anoraks like him are the reason speedway is classed as such an un-cool sport.

could do without the likes of him, gustix, white knight etc on this forum.

He brings experience and inside knowledge particularly regarding the media. A quick look at your list of interests tells us what you bring.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Pinny said:

Rob Mac making a twit of himself as usual, more to the point in regards to this forum, what does he bring to the table? Absolutely sod all. 

Sad old anoraks like him are the reason speedway is classed as such an un-cool sport.

could do without the likes of him, gustix, white knight etc on this forum.

More, Do Away with the "dinosaurs" posts. We will die before too long and that is another admission lost. Soylent Green time? Another poster said " I give it five years" ( from a Bowie song, I know he is a long ago singer already dead, but you might remember him ) I should live for five more years ( fingers crossed ) so I reckon I will see the Death of Speedway - as we know it. Sad, but all down to BSPA mis-management. Leaving all the 15 - 40 years old fans ( 200 per club ) which will hasten the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, poppetman said:

He brings experience and inside knowledge particularly regarding the media. A quick look at your list of interests tells us what you bring.

Pavement pizzas? Sounds likely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Pinny said:

Rob Mac making a twit of himself as usual, more to the point in regards to this forum, what does he bring to the table? Absolutely sod all. 

Sad old anoraks like him are the reason speedway is classed as such an un-cool sport.

could do without the likes of him, gustix, white knight etc on this forum.

What a charmer. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy