British Speedway Forum
Badge

Ipswich Witches v Sheffield Tigers 7th June

14 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

Is Jan now a permanent fixture do we think?

According to the Sheffield Star, a decision is due soon on whether Josh Bates will be able to resume racing this year. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Blackadder said:

According to the Sheffield Star, a decision is due soon on whether Josh Bates will be able to resume racing this year. 

He's been off the bike so long that even if he comes back it's anyone's guess what sort of form he will be in. I think the best strategy is to make an alternative signing for the rest of the season or until such time as JB has proved his fitness. Can anyone suggest any available contenders?

I would stick with Jan Graversen as he is starting to get going.  I think we have left it too long waiting on Josh and, without visiting the same teams twice this year due to lack of fixtures, we are up against it...

9 hours ago, Baldyman said:

So those in charge have gone for a partnership of Covatti and Heeps, mmmmm, don't fancy that, but hey its not down to me.

Totally agree. They both want to ride the same bit of track at the same time. Absolute madness putting them together. 

I’d put Nico at 2 and get his confidence back up with Rory. 

I would put nico or Cam at 2, good idea if it's nico, but then I wouldn't fancy heeps at number 3 either, so maybe I would go with heeps at 2 

12 hours ago, 4thbender said:

….Can anyone suggest any available contenders?

…..I'll take that as a "no" then!

I suppose if you stick the world's 2 worst gaters at 3 and 4 heeps and Covatti, then we may see more than one pass in races.  We all have our opinions on who should be where and why, the proof will be in the pudding later if what we think is best or not. Not that it matters, cos ain't nothing I can do about it. .

4 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

…..I'll take that as a "no" then!

Frank Bruno,   I wanna be a contender "Arry

14 hours ago, Baldyman said:

So those in charge have gone for a partnership of Covatti and Heeps, mmmmm, don't fancy that, but hey its not down to me.

Hope they don't get in each others way riding the outside line

It's not just that..once they both get out gated, they will both be holding each other up trying to pass. 

On way to Ipswich  but can only see a defeat tonight...Surely we cant be as bad as we were at Newcastle or Berwick....Will be happy if we get 35 pts +

think St Augustines roundabout will be closed tonight from 9pm for anyone trying to go out of the stadium that way

I couldn't get back from London in time to attend tonight, so any summaries of the performance would be great.