British Speedway Forum
Badge

Ipswich Witches v Sheffield Tigers 7th June

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

Nasty          surely you have more important thing's to worry about in your life.????

Im not sure Jengas too worried about anything Sid - dont take it all so seriously!

Sarj did a decent job tonight - Id have him back as a Witch. There plenty more there than he has shown in the last 2 years. 

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

Nasty      surely you have more thing's to worry about in your life.????

sure have , just hoping i get the house sold and the huuse sale makes its 3/4 of a mill squid . roll on signing day .

MORE TO FOLLOW .

1 minute ago, jenga said:

cant argue with that then  :shock:

Rode a terrible turn 1&2 after a decent start in heat 1 to end up at the back

Passed by forceful moves up the inside in 2nd and 3rd rides where he just left too big a gap

Paid win in his last

Probably a yard off putting the bike in the right place in each of those first 3 from a paid max!

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Im not sure Jengas too worried about anything Sid - dont take it all so seriously!

Sarj did a decent job tonight - Id have him back as a Witch. There plenty more there than he has shown in the last 2 years. 

To be honest bruv he was in a tough position tonight he did his job chuffed to bits  for Hume/Mountain they  scored ten between them. Both  were unlucky as well  Witches have two good longterm Ipswich riders  for the future in Mountain/Hume.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I thought Wayne chose some highly intelligent fans to interview too!! :D

Think we might have to encourage Wayne to visit the MASSIF every week from now on  for a new meeting feature "Bruv's Banter " 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pob said:

Think we might have to encourage Wayne to visit the MASSIF every week from now on  for a new meeting feature "Bruv's Banter " 

Has a certain ring to it I agree...:rofl:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, jenga said:

nick klindt , please take him !

Made that mistake once already. Never again.

13 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I thought Wayne chose some highly intelligent fans to interview too!! :D

Thought he only interviewed the one....

I thought last night was one of the better meetings. To my untrained eye, there appeared to be less shale than normal. Shanes made the inside work, Covatti made the outside work and Schlein made it all work! Never thought I would say this but the volume of the music needs turning down a tad. Shame there is no home meeting next week.

• Like 1

The track and general entertainment of the meeting was frankly terrible apart from one very creditable ride by Covatti.  Howarth tried to make the outside line work and went backwards. King a usual exponent of the outside line made no progress whatsoever when trying to come from behind.   Why the track was left so dry and therefore became slick so quickly is beyond me on such a sunny and and drying day due to the wind.

It isn't the volume of the music that is the problem.  The noise coming from the local radio DJ however is painful.

Edited by TheSpecialOne
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheSpecialOne said:

The track and general entertainment of the meeting was frankly terrible apart from one very creditable ride by Covatti.  Howarth tried to make the outside line work and went backwards. King a usual exponent of the outside line made no progress whatsoever when trying to come from behind.   Why the track was left so dry and therefore became slick so quickly is beyond me on such a sunny and and drying day due to the wind.

It isn't the volume of the music that is the problem.  The noise coming from the local radio DJ however is however painful.

Surely there was something you didn’t like☹️

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

We'll pass him on with best wishes. Noticed he never had any retirements or EF's last night, rode at No2 and still amassed 4 points. Quite incredible from the rider who turns up at Ashfield each week and gets outsmarted by almost any competent newcomer.

Maybe the enforced break for Nico has done him good and given him a clean slate to start all over again. Looked quicker last night than any of his previous meetings pre injury. He also demonstrated exactly why he was included in the team again this year. 

There’s been one or two on here questioning his involvement this season because his average was “too high” or not likely to be improved upon. We all want to see our team be successful and win things of course, but entertainment is the name of the game isn’t it?

riders or rather racers, like Loram, Screen and Harris sadly seem to be a dying breed these days and although I’m not saying he’s as good as those, Covatti is cut from the same cloth. Not many around today who could have matched that stalk and pass of Wright around Foxhall as spectacularly as Nico did last night. 

When he’s on his game he’s terrific value. 

• Like 1