Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Badge

Ipswich Witches v Sheffield Tigers 7th June

Recommended Posts

Schlein a class above

reserves both much improved - for sure benefited from both banging in big scores in NL last few weeks

covatti looking much better for a bit time on the bike since the injury 

heeps average -  a big disappointment so far this year with high hopes given how well he progressed last year

sarg did ok guesting

danny blew up bike while leading his first - did ok but not looking 100%fit and confident

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Comfortable win for Ipswich in the end 50-40.

Rory Schlein riding at no.1 was immaculate for a 15 point maximum. A class performance. Danny King at No.5 suffered a rare engine failure while leading heat 4 so scored only 6 points rather than a potential 9 points from 4 rides. Highlight was Nico Covatti (10+1 from 5 rides) in heat 9 beating Charles Wright with a storming ride round the outside.

For Sheffield Lasse Bjerre managed to charge the tapes twice which didn’t help their cause at all. Kyle Howarth 11+2 and James Shanes 8+2 were their top scorers.

 

Edited by Tactical Joker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I couldn't get back from London in time to attend tonight, so any summaries of the performance would be great.

Rory - simply sublime - as convincing a performance as you are likely to see

Sarj - musical statue champion at the start all night :P Could easily have had more points

Cam - frustratingly just off the boil. Not that far away from getting back to where he should be - it will come Im sure

Nico - well deseved man of the match for his fantastic stalking of Wright before blasting round him to win

Danny - staggering he is even out on track to be fair! Unlucky with a carb problem whilst leading his first race

Conner - best Foxhall meeting in many ways for the way he attack the track. Expensive night with a complete write off of an engine blow up after he had repassed Shanes in 14

Danyon - 2 great wins after a heat 2 fall. Very good to see that Danyon back!

The 10 point winning margin flattered Sheffield a bit

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Rory - simply sublime - as convincing a performance as you are likely to see

Sarj - musical statue champion at the start all night :P Could easily have had more points

Cam - frustratingly just off the boil. Not that far away from getting back to where he should be - it will come Im sure

Nico - well deseved man of the match for his fantastic stalking of Wright before blasting round him to win

Danny - staggering he is even out on track to be fair! Unlucky with a carb problem whilst leading his first race

Conner - best Foxhall meeting in many ways for the way he attack the track. Expensive night with a complete write off of an engine blow up after he had repassed Shanes in 14

Danyon - 2 great wins after a heat 2 fall. Very good to see that Danyon back!

The 10 point winning margin flattered Sheffield a bit

 

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought sarge rode well considering he was at number 2. Rory classy. Nico looks much more like his old self. Connor rode some aggressive corners and deserved more. Danyon was excellent once he won his first race the confidence came back immediately. Danny was unlucky but rode well all things considered. And cam was slightly disappointing.  Looks like the cam of old.  

One question I have.  Is it possible to look for your partner ??? Only rider to do so was sarge.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Wayne chose some highly intelligent fans to interview too!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rory -class

James - ok, still rolling - ref missed tapes hitting his front wheel as they went up in one race.

Cam - looks to be struggling with back injury, was seeing medics after the meeting.

Nico - hopefully back on form, fantasic stalk & pass on Wright.

Danny - carbs issues in one heat and just seemed to lack it in first bend elbows, but glad to see him back.

Connor - slick track suited him, unlucky engiine failure in his final heat when done the hard work getting paat Shanes ( hope isnt to expensive)

Danyon - best meeting of season for witches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, 4thbender said:

He's been off the bike so long that even if he comes back it's anyone's guess what sort of form he will be in. I think the best strategy is to make an alternative signing for the rest of the season or until such time as JB has proved his fitness. Can anyone suggest any available contenders?

nick klindt , please take him !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Thought sarge rode well considering he was at number 2. Rory classy. Nico looks much more like his old self. Connor rode some aggressive corners and deserved more. Danyon was excellent once he won his first race the confidence came back immediately. Danny was unlucky but rode well all things considered. And cam was slightly disappointing.  Looks like the cam of old.  

One question I have.  Is it possible to look for your partner ??? Only rider to do so was sarge.  

was there ever someone behind him ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jenga said:

was there ever someone behind him ?

He led both opponents in every heat....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

He led both opponents in every heat....

not every heat . heat 1 fail . i suppose leading and beating are not the same .

jack smith , todd kurtz ,jan grav and baby bear off 15 mtrs . suppose that counts . \

its still hard to admit that somewhere in that nuggets head , there is a speedway rider .

if it was costing him money to race last year , it must be costing him this year as well .

Edited by jenga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He led heat 1 J - only for the first 20 yards but he led it :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jenga said:

not every heat . heat 1 fail . i suppose leading and beating are not the same .

jack smith , todd kurtz ,jan grav and baby bear off 15 mtrs . suppose that counts . \

its still hard to admit that somewhere in that nuggets head , there is a speedway rider .

if it was costing him money to race last year , it must be costing him this year as well .

Nasty      surely you have more thing's to worry about in your life.????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

He led heat 1 J - only for the first 20 yards but he led it :D

cant argue with that then  :shock:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy