British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Championship 4's Redcar July 1st

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

They will be riding in Poland as that takes preference!

How are they going to cram in 55 riders and entourages in the pits?!

Doesnt it allways ! perhaps some  can pit on redcar beach lol

20 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Doesnt it allways ! perhaps some  can pit on redcar beach lol

Hopefully a bit closer than that - the beach is 15 minutes/7 miles away.

3 hours ago, erimus11 said:

There's nowt like being positive....and you're nowt like being positive!

Of course Redcar can't match Bell Vue for facilities but at least give the venue a chance, you never know, you might actually enjoy the day ;)

Just as a footnote - you can pre-book a seat in the stand for £3 ...oh , and we'll be missing 2 heat leaders so doubt we'll progress that far but I'm happy to go along and watch some, hopefully, great speedway

I'm not knocking Redcar personally at all, my second favourite northern team :t:but for a meeting of this size , I don't think its the right place to hold such an event, we missing 2 Heat leaders too so no doubt the Tigers (scottish) will think they have this sealed ;)

From the Bears website:

Redcar Speedway have been informed that admission prices for the Championship Four Team Tournament will be;

£20 adults
£15 concessions 
£5 children (5-15 year old ) and under 5 f.o.c.
There are no 'Family ticket' options for this meeting.
Redcar season tickets are not valid for this meeting.
Programmes are £4.

All 11 teams are taking part in the two qualifying rounds prior to the final.
The meeting starts at 2pm and the turnstiles will be open from 12 noon.
There will be two additional car parks available , one at the Engineering company after the main entrance to the motorsports park, the other will be at the rear of the former Council HQ building opposite the speedway car park.
Please plan to arrive early to ease congestion

17 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

From the Bears website:

Redcar Speedway have been informed that admission prices for the Championship Four Team Tournament will be;

£20 adults
£15 concessions 
Programmes are £4.

There will be two additional car parks available , one at the Engineering company after the main entrance to the motorsports park, the other will be at the rear of the former Council HQ building opposite the speedway car park.

I think they need to open the back straight if it is sorted for this meeting  There aint much room on home one for too many extra

25 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

From the Bears website:

£20 adults
£15 concessions 
Programmes are £4.

HOW are the two qualifying rounds going to work?? 11 into 2 groups I don't think so.  Wouldn't it be better to give the winners of the 4s in 2017 a by to the final and have 2 groups with the same number of teams in  them, the winners going to the final with the highest points scoring 2nd team from the groups.

If my memory is correct one of the past discussions was that the winners of the last years final should be able to defend the title, and that all teams should be at the meeting ( remember all the fuss when 2 teams were taken out  then re-instated )  Why make something so difficult when the answer to a good meeting is so simple!! don't the organisers of these events learn from the past or do they just like to upset the fans.   

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

I think they need to open the back straight if it is sorted for this meeting  There aint much room on home one for too many extra

They are (as I posted previously)

Back straight will be open - I believe they estimate around 1000 can be held there.

Will be some extra pop-up bars as well I believe.

Not exactly sure of the format, but one semi will be over ten heats, the other twelve. The final twelve as well I would imagine.

received_10216739874433362.jpeg

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Normski said:

received_10216739874433362.jpeg

Why no Ludvig for Newcastle?

I think this will be a very tight meeting, with quite a few potential winners. Favourites, I would make that, Sheffield and Lakeside. After that I would go for, Peterboro, Scunthorpe, Glasgow and Ipswich. I think Edinburgh and Worky could be spoilers and if anyone slips up, could create a shock. That leaves the local teams, Redcar Newcastle and Berwick to make up the numbers. Up at the top end though, its a wide open meeting, for anyone who wants to grab it. The racing should be terrifically close and very exciting. Just noticed Ricky Wells not riding. Scrub the Monarchs chances.

Edited by sidewinder

Will be no King for Ipswich - will therefore be tracking both reserves in the 5 as Haertel out as well

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Will be no King for Ipswich - will therefore be tracking both reserves in the 5 as Haertel out as well

Has Danny King, had a relapse with his injuries, or just unavailable. It makes a difference, to Ippo's chances though.