British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Championship 4's Redcar July 1st

1 hour ago, marko said:

Well done to the Hammers who managed to make the final despite having to track a three point reserve in place of a eight point average rider.

Nice try but Newman’s current GSA is 6.33

4 hours ago, screm said:

Maybe its down to the riders to decide where they want to be, for example there are a number if other riders in today's meeting who race regularly in Poland, yet they have made it to Redcar. One way to get the top riding in this kind of meeting would be to put it in their contracts at the start of the season though it would help if the BSPA announced the date and venue of the Fours meeting when the fixtures are complied.

I believe the Polish league fixtures were confirmed & published before the BSPA got around to finalising the UK schedules.

The full list of Polish fixtures were published on pages 74/75 in the 31st March edition of the Speedway Star.

Guess what, there were no scheduled Polish league fixture for last weekend!!,  so  why was the Fours not arranged for last Sunday instead:rolleyes:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cyclone said:

I believe the Polish league fixtures were confirmed & published before the BSPA got around to finalising the UK schedules.

The full list of Polish fixtures were published on pages 74/75 in the 31st March edition of the Speedway Star.

Guess what, there were no scheduled Polish league fixture for last weekend!!,  so  why was the Fours not arranged for last Sunday instead:rolleyes:

An England World Cup game, perhaps?

1 minute ago, StevePark said:

An England World Cup game, perhaps?

Were the World Cup draw, fixtures & schedules known & published  in March? - I doubt it,

1 minute ago, cyclone said:

Were the World Cup draw, fixtures & schedules known & published  in March? - I doubt it,

Draw was made 1 December 2017 - and all group stage matches and dates and KO times were known then 

Edited by StevePark

World cup draw has been known since December I believe 

Rico 

14 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Where's wells????

Somerset..;)

So Speedway has to kowtow to Football.

If Sunday was a no no for deluded England fans:P,  what was wrong with Redcar hosting it on  Saturday 23rd June?

3 minutes ago, cyclone said:

If Sunday was a no no for deluded England fans:P,  what was wrong with Redcar hosting it on  Saturday 23rd June?

Royal Ascot was on lol

Just want to say a big thank you to Redcar for a well organised event. There was quite a few good races and also the track must of been hard to prepare with the baking sun etc.Well done the Panties on the victory and was very suprised with the Monarchs efforts and well done to them.A good day all in all.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, cyclone said:

23rd was no good for me as i was in the process of almost getting a ban and nearly missed the late night barbee Q . 

15 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Nice try but Newman’s current GSA is 6.33

Greetings resident Lakeside hater, ok lets just say we have our 4th best rider replaced by our 7th but congratulations to the Panthers, you can only beat what is in front of you and you done that and deserve the victory.

Firstly, huge well done to Redcar on staging such a well run meeting in that blistering heat. Plenty food, drinks & toilet facilities with lots of good advice on the PA about sun cream and fluid replacement.  I felt for the folks downwind of the dust - looked like a great vantage point. Luckily, we placed ourselves in the opposite direction of the breeze and had a very enjoyable day with no dust. Nice to see riders coming round for the Ben Fund. Redcar bear and Workington mascot must’ve been boiled in their suits on the centre green 

Some pretty good racing, testament to the Redcar track and track staff

Secondly, congratulations to the Panthers (no home track advantage)

Last but not least..... many thanks to our Monarchs.... beat all my expectations. Pity the averages hadn’t allowed us to use Josh in the team.  Erik..... superb as usual - 1 of only 2 riders unbeaten

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, marko said:

Greetings resident Lakeside hater, ok lets just say we have our 4th best rider replaced by our 7th but congratulations to the Panthers, you can only beat what is in front of you and you done that and deserve the victory.

Indeed you can and thank you, the boys did well.

A thoroughly enjoyable day :)

Well organised with plenty of useful advice both in advance and at the meeting itself. Plenty of food and drink outlets and a track that was wonderfully prepared. Particularly when you consider the conditions, which were wonderful for enjoying the day but not so much for keeping the dust at bay. I did wonder about how it would work at Redcar but it was excellent so well done to all involved.

Well done Panthers

• Like 3