Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies v Eagles Wed 7th June NL

Recommended Posts

BIRMINGHAM: Tom Bacon, Layne Cupitt, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn R/R, Callum Walker, Danyon Hume, Arran Butcher, Leon Flint, James Chattin (No.8).

EASTBOURNE: Georgie Wood, Charley Powell, Mark Baseby, Jason Edwards, Tom Brennan, Kelsey Dugard, Charlie Brooks, Stephen Whitehouse (No.8).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Brummies_Ste said:

BIRMINGHAM: Tom Bacon, Layne Cupitt, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn R/R, Callum Walker, Danyon Hume, Arran Butcher, Leon Flint, James Chattin (No.8).

EASTBOURNE: Georgie Wood, Charley Powell, Mark Baseby, Jason Edwards, Tom Brennan, Kelsey Dugard, Charlie Brooks, Stephen Whitehouse (No.8).

Brum look just too strong in this one and RR for JPB possibly strengthens them. The new averages applied to the Eagles hinders their cause with Edwards pushed up into the team reducing his threat levels. I assume it will be RR for Powell after his nasty collarbone break otherwise naming a number 8 that cannot be used is a little bit pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't see how r/r for jpb strengthens us at all ? Marginally weakens us without doubt and means if there will no extra rides for flint to take if layne or Callum are struggling they will both take there 4 each ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Don't see how r/r for jpb strengthens us at all ? Marginally weakens us without doubt and means if there will no extra rides for flint to take if layne or Callum are struggling they will both take there 4 each ..

Its very marginal. JPB's talents on the bike and far more reliable than the bikes themselves and would be very surprised if RR doesn't return 10+. Think Callum will be just fine and providing he takes one of the replacement rides Flint will be free to swap in for one of Butchers or Cupitts if required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Brum look just too strong in this one and RR for JPB possibly strengthens them. The new averages applied to the Eagles hinders their cause with Edwards pushed up into the team reducing his threat levels. I assume it will be RR for Powell after his nasty collarbone break otherwise naming a number 8 that cannot be used is a little bit pointless.

It will be r/r for Powell but also Brooks had a high speed crash into the air fence on Saturday so may not be 100% hence a No 8. Unfortunately as you say with the average changes coming in for Eastie and not yet Birmingham, think it'll be a comfortable home win, although Wood and Brennen are flying at the moment, so hopefully be some good races. 

Edited by gazzac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Apparently powell is declared fit 

After seeing the x-ray on Twitter, that's unbelievable!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mmmmethanol said:

After seeing the x-ray on Twitter, that's unbelievable!

 

I find it crazy tbh pal particularly now Brooks is out and the number 8 Whitehouse has come in ... I just hope charley doesn't come off because he will soon know about it..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fine win for brum, eastie not a patch on previous yrs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll make the playoffs but no more than that.  Unless injuries happen then can only see a Mildenhall v Birmingham final with Mildenhall taking that (even with a James Shanes Birmingham).

Can't complain about the Eagles though, had a successful few years in the National league, been very enjoyable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Birmingham 49 points between three riders they  did well tonight but when they get Shanes in they will be stronger.Flint well what can you say !!!! Hume/Bacon are at the level now they will take some beating at home also away they will be formidable.Did not go listened to the radio heard Brennan was really in the mix and Edwards did well in the top five also a mention for Powell 4 paid 8 when just back from a nasty injury also one ride off of 15m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Birmingham did very well with the 3 big riders firing and Walker doing his job. Shanes will be another prong to the attack but when Flint moves into the main body of the team is scoring potential will be muted and the reserves will make Brum look vunerable but still strong.

Eastbourne are suffering a little without an out and out number 1. Loyalty to Baseby could prove costly as the side would look far more potent if Knight was included in it. Powell has done well but feel Hunter could have done more and with Edwards in the main team they also look weak at reserve with Brooks yet to set things alight. Both sides need one of the reserves to kick on a bit if they are to be in with a chance against Mildenhall at the end.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Birmingham did very well with the 3 big riders firing and Walker doing his job. Shanes will be another prong to the attack but when Flint moves into the main body of the team is scoring potential will be muted and the reserves will make Brum look vunerable but still strong.

Eastbourne are suffering a little without an out and out number 1. Loyalty to Baseby could prove costly as the side would look far more potent if Knight was included in it. Powell has done well but feel Hunter could have done more and with Edwards in the main team they also look weak at reserve with Brooks yet to set things alight. Both sides need one of the reserves to kick on a bit if they are to be in with a chance against Mildenhall at the end.

Spot on, Birmingham and Mildenhall look far stronger than anyone else. I said exactly the same about Eastie when the team was announced, no out and out number 1 will never work away, probably still go unbeaten at home , although close calls against Birmingham and Mildenhall, but will get hammered away at both. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy