British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Danish GP round 3 Horsens Saturday June 30th

On 6/27/2018 at 11:16 PM, Tactical Joker said:

Aarhus is a 30 minute train ride away with a selection of good pubs and accommodation for anyone travelling independently.

All very quiet on here regarding this GP, anyone else from the UK going? Although ticket prices are steep, my £9 Ryanair flight makes up for it.

Does Horsens have a contract for next year? Running out of interesting things to do in the area having been the previous two years, could do with an alternative venue, even though the Horsens stadium is very good.

THIS year's event is actually being run by BSI who have basically hired the facility

21 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THIS year's event is actually being run by BSI who have basically hired the facility

The promoter on the supplementary regs is speed sport Ole Olsen

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

The promoter on the supplementary regs is speed sport Ole Olsen

NO matter it is a BSI promoted event

On 6/27/2018 at 11:16 PM, Tactical Joker said:

Aarhus is a 30 minute train ride away with a selection of good pubs and accommodation for anyone travelling independently.

All very quiet on here regarding this GP, anyone else from the UK going? Although ticket prices are steep, my £9 Ryanair flight makes up for it.

Does Horsens have a contract for next year? Running out of interesting things to do in the area having been the previous two years, could do with an alternative venue, even though the Horsens stadium is very good.

New 3 year contract signed this year 

33 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

New 3 year contract signed this year 

Thank you. Will have to think of other new things to tag on to the trip if doing it in future then.

42 minutes ago, Tactical Joker said:

Thank you. Will have to think of other new things to tag on to the trip if doing it in future then.

How far is Copenhagen from the track ?    That is a lovely city with plenty to see. 

51 minutes ago, Mark said:

How far is Copenhagen from the track ?    That is a lovely city with plenty to see. 

A couple of hours away, not too far but been there many times. Yes lovely, but one of the smaller European cities. Haven’t done the Carlsberg brewery though:drink:

Meanwhile Jepsen Jensen to be a spoiler tomorrow. Hope Pedersen is good entertainment, but a wild stab at Woffinden, Sayfutdinov, Doyle as the podium in that order, and Lindgren to prove me wrong.

Edited by Tactical Joker

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Heat 20 looks very tasty

Heat 1 would look tasty as well, except its heat 1, and usually gate to win. 1st corner should be interesting.

Heat 13 could be really good too with MJJ, Pawlicki, Laguta AND Nicki. Especially MJJ vs. Nicki. 6 years ago MJJ snatched the victory from NP at Vojens GP.

11 minutes ago, Tactical Joker said:

A couple of hours away, not too far but been there many times. Yes lovely, but one of the smaller European cities. Haven’t done the Carlsberg brewery though.:drink:

Meanwhile Jepsen Jensen to be a spoiler tomorrow. Hope Pedersen is good entertainment, but a wild stab at Woffinden, Sayfutdinov, Doyle as the podium in that order, and Lindgren to prove me wrong.

I wouldn't call Copenhagen small when it has over 2 million citizens.

7 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

Heat 13 could be really good too with MJJ, Pawlicki, Laguta AND Nicki. Especially MJJ vs. Nicki. 6 years ago MJJ snatched the victory from NP at Vojens GP.

That was a good race, I was watching a replay of it couple days ago.

13 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

AND one of the most expensive places to eat and drink

19 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

I didn't, just smaller compared to others. Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner that most other cities are smaller by comparison. Copenhagen is compact and easy to do on foot for the main sights.

6 hours ago, Tactical Joker said:

A couple of hours away, not too far but been there many times. Yes lovely, but one of the smaller European cities. Haven’t done the Carlsberg brewery though:drink:

Would love to see MJJ anywhere on the Podium. I thought that he added a LOT to a Speedway of nations in need of some excitement. The way Laguta rode in the SON, and of course Woffy, one would have to expect either or both to be there too. My corn is all popped.....