British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Danish GP round 3 Horsens Saturday June 30th

12 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HE handles all the temporary tracks. Haven't been many complaints in recent months ... 

Most likely because there haven't been many temporary tracks or GPs so far this season.

1 minute ago, Ghostwalker said:

Most likely because there haven't been many temporary tracks or GPs so far this season.

TWO out of three ...

Just now, PHILIPRISING said:

TWO out of three ...

Yes I know that's why I said not many GP so far this season and that is also why there haven't been many complaints "The recent months".
You can't complain on something that haven't happened yet.

27 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HE handles all the temporary tracks. Haven't been many complaints in recent months ... 

Have to admit I've never been a fan of his track prep going back years. Tonight was terrible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

I really hope sponsors and TV stations end their contracts with the BSI. This organisation needs to be shown the door.

They are ruining speedway. 

Has anyone thought about organising a Cardiff boycott?

Maybe they are, but all well and good saying boycott this, boycott that, is there someone or an organisation who could take over?

2 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Nigel Pearson doesn't understand what a world champion is.

You can't have three world champions in one race, two are former world champions and one is a world champion.

Nigel Pearson is a plonker of a commentator.

23 races, he started about 20 of them with 'Here we goooo'.  I lost count of how many big races and big points. 

… awaits the usual 'Pearson promotes speedway well' defenders to his inane woeful commentary. 

• Like 2

Well it did get better but not a classic. Gate 3 was a graveyard. Fireworks were good though.

Woffinden's move up the inside of Lindgren in heat 20 was my highlight, read where Lindgren was going and rode it perfectly.

Best man won, but good to see Hancock on the podium with Laguta. Emil had the worst gates it seems so can be considered unlucky not to make the final.

For all the negativity on here, it was enjoyable to see it live.

Great meeting, as long as you had a red helmet cover.  Absolute rubbish nights entertainment. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Have always maintained that one needs to play golf to enjoy watching it.

Not sure that’s strictly true but you ain’t far off!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

You can't have three world champions in one race, two are former world champions and one is a world champion.

I knew what he meant, you know what he meant, so why be so pedantic.

Tell you what, someone implied the commentary was repetitive, you try giving  different commentaries for 23 races where there are 4 guys turning left for 4 laps in about 60 seconds. We would all flounder.  Its all a personal choice, not everyone is going to like the "him" or "her" presents a subject, if you don't like someone so much turn the volume down

I watched on You Tube the 1st round of the under 21 world champions. Apart from the interviews of riders which were in part in English, the rest was, presume, Polish, and during a race there was no commentary at all.  Ok, I enjoyed watching the racing, and pleased I could do so, but it was a bland having no commentary. Sometimes "we" don't appreciate what we have until the day we don't have it (and that applies to lots of things).

• Like 3

Well done Tai, great to see Nicki among the points again, some good races near the end.:approve:

11 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

I disagree with that.  Once a world champion always a world champion, there is no such thing as former world champion
(unless title|s has been removed for disciplinary reasons).

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I knew what he meant, you know what he meant, so why be so pedantic.

Tell you what, someone implied the commentary was repetitive, you try giving  different commentaries for 23 races where there are 4 guys turning left for 4 laps in about 60 seconds. We would all flounder.  Its all a personal choice, not everyone is going to like the "him" or "her" presents a subject, if you don't like someone so much turn the volume down

I watched on You Tube the 1st round of the under 21 world champions. Apart from the interviews of riders which were in part in English, the rest was, presume, Polish, and during a race there was no commentary at all.  Ok, I enjoyed watching the racing, and pleased I could do so, but it was a bland having no commentary. Sometimes "we" don't appreciate what we have until the day we don't have it (and that applies to lots of things).

How very true.

The Pearson knockers are getting repetitive too. Give me Pearson and Tatum over any other combination out there.

Back at the GP, gate 1 won 17/23 races, which can’t be right. Phil Morris did seem a bit agitated with the water truck driver as he was going round before the start, but that may be nothing. Looking at the scorecard, that move by Woffinden (the only win from gate 3) to beat Lindgren in heat 20 was pivotal,. A Lindgren win would have put him in the semis instead of Laguta with a chance (although minor as he would have been left with gate 3) of more points.

So a good trip in the end, even if the wallet took a bashing for food and drink. Found a couple of good bars in Aarhus so will stay there again.

Edited by Tactical Joker

12 hours ago, crumpiefan said:

Have to admit I've never been a fan of his track prep going back years. Tonight was terrible.

BIT harsh really. Temporary tracks in Australia, New Zealand, Warsaw (bar the first:o), The Friends Arena, Cardiff and, until last night, Horsens have been good. Perhaps the weather played its part yesterday, not an excuse but a reason. Temporary tracks with no natural drainage are notoriously difficult to water under the conditions they experienced yesterday. Often the water will run to it's lowest point (the inside) which can result in gate 1 having a distinct advantage as it obviously did in Horsens. 

Edited by PHILIPRISING