British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Danish GP round 3 Horsens Saturday June 30th

Not the best GP I have ever watched but after a terrible start it did improve somewhat in the second half, nice to see Woffinden at his best but the inside gate was far too advantageous.

i am no Pedersen fan but he was helped off both times.

9 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Not the best GP I have ever watched but after a terrible start it did improve somewhat in the second half, nice to see Woffinden at his best but the inside gate was far too advantageous.

i am no Pedersen fan but he was helped off both times.

I think the referee had no choice but to exclude the riders he did in both incidents but Mr Ped knew exactly what he was doing in his semi, he had a little glance across at Zmarzlik and then turned inwards just enough to make sure his front wheel was taken. Very crafty.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the referee had no choice but to exclude the riders he did in both incidents but Mr Ped knew exactly what he was doing in his semi, he had a little glance across at Zmarzlik and then turned inwards just enough to make sure his front wheel was taken. Very crafty.

AND potentially dangerous ... he could have easily missed the airforce.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Yep, could've broken his army.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Not sure we would want Nicki in the Danish airforce anyway. Got to love auto correkt.

Edited by Tactical Joker

30 minutes ago, Tactical Joker said:

Not sure we would want Nicki in the Danish airforce anyway. Got to love auto correkt.

HE was flying through the air .... 

14 hours ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Doyley makes me wonder with this warning rule in last yr whether he would have won title.

It was...

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

And what did I say in the Speedway of Nations thread?I’ll tell ya what I said to those saying team riding is dangerous,I said riders are constantly making dangerous moves that they know could end up in a crash or worse,injury.But they still do it....,

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Exactly, and I find it hard to believe that a rider that has been advised not to race again after suffering his last bad injury would engineer that just to get a re run.

Yes, his mistake led to the incident no doubt and he tried to recover from it but even though he has a ruthless will to win I can't believe he would have deliberately put himself in danger of a life changing injury in such a nasty incident just to get another rider excluded. 

• Like 1

Not the best or the worst GP, the main problem being gate 1 having too much advantage. A bit concerning with all the empty seats in a relatively small stadium on a perfect sunny night. With the expense of laying a temporary track makes you wonder what the future is for this GP. 

Perhaps the tickets were simply too expensive to attract the many that follow other GPs. Very few from abroad judging from the flags, possibly as many Russian flags as any.

Horsens £80, Prague £34, both in the back straight just after bend 2. I'm no marketing expert but a weekend in the middle of nowhere v one of the great European cities might go some way to explaining it.

Obviously the cost of the temporary track and stadium alterations have to be met. We'll never know whether cheaper tickets would have yielded more revenue overall though. 

80 quid!!! You're having a Turkish?:blink:80 bloody nicker for that!!!! Dick Turpin was the promoter was he?

• Like 2

Found that hard to watch, terrible entertainment, poor crowd, poor track, overpriced tickets, not really a lot going for it.

1 hour ago, Tactical Joker said:

Perhaps the tickets were simply too expensive to attract the many that follow other GPs. Very few from abroad judging from
the flags, possibly as many Russian flags as any.

Horsens £80, Prague £34, both in the back straight just after bend 2. I'm no marketing expert but a weekend in the middle of
nowhere v one of the great European cities might go some way to explaining it.

Obviously the cost of the temporary track and stadium alterations have to be met. We'll never know whether cheaper tickets would
have yielded more revenue overall though. 

Pretty much as in Stockholm then even if the cheapest tickets wasn't as as expensive as £80. Tickets where too expensive,
racing quality not good enough, held too late in the year (IMO).  I think it is a mistake to male the tickets so expensive because
it will scare the people off and then it will be a downward spiral. I think if you make the tickets  a bit cheaper then you will
get a higher spectator count that will means better atmosphere (= higher chance of people coming back) and more
people who will buy coffee, soda, programs and etc.