British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Danish GP round 3 Horsens Saturday June 30th

13 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I don’t buy that, tension is created by the riders involved a Brit in Britain, a Dane in Denmark and so on, tou can feel the tension flop in a GP when the home riders gets knocked out in the semi final or whenever, the tension is the same ,there was just a much a dreary world final as a GP, the world final has had its day and they were good days but the GPs are much better 

All about opinions. I'm lucky enough to have seen both one off World Finals live and plenty of GP's live.  Just feel the anticipation , tension, nerves of a one off final are greater than a 10 round GP . Every ride in that final did matter, in the GP now running a last or having a bad GP can be quickly forgotten and move on to the next venue in a fortnight . The only tangible experience I have had from the GP is Mark Loram becoming World Champion in Bydgoszsz , what  a night that was. One of the weakness of the GP is it rarely comes down to the last round, the Holder / Pedersen tussle being the only one I can remember since it went to 10 + rounds  

14 hours ago, Col said:

Only saw Horsens from heat 13 on wards, not great

Watched first 5 heats on the replay. If heat 6 is rubbish I'll start watching the Brazil v Japan & Wimbledon highlights.

On 2 July 2018 at 8:28 AM, Col said:

As far as the GP's go in terms of entertainment this year, Prague was OK from about heat 10, Torun was pretty good for all 23 heats.  Only saw Horsens from heat 13 on wards, not great.

As far as potential winners go Woffinden looks on a different planet to the others this year.

Cook can make all the excuses he wants,but he is out of his depth.

Just watching the GP.

Think this is the first GP since round 6 in 2016 that Tai has had 2 gate 4's in the qualifiers. Not bad considering you have a 25% chance in every GP (pretty bored with the meeting so far).:cheers: