British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Kings Lynn Stars 13/06/18

Next Wednesday brings the first visit of the season of the Kings-Lynn Stars to Wimborne  Road.This will  a tough test for the Pirates with the inform Robert Lambert and ex Pirate Lewis Kerr in the team along with Michael-Palm-Toft  who has had good meetings at Poole. Also Nki,Tomas Jorgensen and Ty Proctor have experience of the track only Kasper Anderson has not ridden at Poole. My concern is the lack of any home track advantage at Wimborne Road and with the fiasco last week what will the circuit be like and will we have a different line up?

Thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

Next Wednesday brings the first visit of the season of the Kings-Lynn Stars to Wimborne  Road.This will  a tough test for the Pirates with the inform Robert Lambert and ex Pirate Lewis Kerr in the team along with Michael-Palm-Toft  who has had good meetings at Poole. Also Nki,Tomas Jorgensen and Ty Proctor have experience of the track only Kasper Anderson has not ridden at Poole. My concern is the lack of any home track advantage at Wimborne Road and with the fiasco last week what will the circuit be like and will we have a different line up?

Thoughts?

Track work being carried out this weekend 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, therefused said:

Is Lambert riding in this?

Why shouldn’t he? He is not injured. He is British, it’s an official British league meeting. If he is elsewhere then a 28 day ban should be dealt out.

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why shouldn’t he? He is not injured. He is British, it’s an official British league meeting. If he is elsewhere then a 28 day ban should be dealt out.

A very good question which I raised on the KL Forum a week or so ago.

According to my normal POL Speedway website which shows DK fixture, NKI team is not scheduled to ride but Lamberts team is.

My questions were 1) Will NKI be fit again flwg his Op as would seem to me to be a bit early if its to help rectify his shoulder injury from last year. Honestly I don't know but he hasnt been in great form and maybe if he is taking it easy in recovering, then maybe this is a good a time as any to catch him not overdoing it. 2) The FIM set out that DK has priority on a Wed for League meetings with UK MON/Thur - SWE on Tue and the Poles get FRI/SAT/SUN.

Now someone said - Yes but he is not a DK rider. My return was that if he has signed for a DK team they should get priority under the FIM rules. Thats why some riders have had to miss meetings in UK on a Wed for their DK team when it has clashed with DK on a Wed.

I know the Danes tend to have a squad system and can rotate riders, but IF the Danes want one of their riders to turn up and ride on a FIM approved date then how does that leave KL. Its not the Danes fault that British Teams decide to flaunt the rules, which is kind of ok for Poole as they didnt have any rider clashes (other than now Klidnt, although he may have agreed to ride UK instead as more meetings due to DK League being smaller with less matches). Klindt would also save in commuting costs etc as he is based in UK with his family. In the case of Lambert I thought he lived in Germany with his Girlfriend ?? Didnt Lambert also sign late for KL after the FIM rules were agreed on racing dates and maybe after he signed his DK contract ??

Klindt may continue riding in some DK matches maybe ?? if they dont clash with Poole ?? I know it sounds a bit contradictory but had a few sources confirm the Danes get priority on a Wed. Didnt KL also lose NKI for at least one match due to this, maybe also Lambert couldnt ride in a meeting ??

It set the tongues wagging on the KL Forum but havent seen any clarification one way or the other.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
typos

Lambert is British so British league takes priority over a foriegn league. Why would Lambert sign for a Danish team anyway when Britain rides on a Wednesday? If he told his Danish club he would ride for them when there wasn’t a clash with British commitments then fair enough but if he is missing next week, he should receive a 28 day ban. Plus a 6 point nl rider would take his place which would short change the people who turn up next week expecting to see a competitive league meeting.

Hope common sense prevails.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lambert is British so British league takes priority over a foriegn league. Why would Lambert sign for a Danish team anyway when Britain rides on a Wednesday? If he told his Danish club he would ride for them when there wasn’t a clash with British commitments then fair enough but if he is missing next week, he should receive a 28 day ban. Plus a 6 point nl rider would take his place which would short change the people who turn up next week expecting to see a competitive league meeting.

I don't see any reason for him not being there and I am sure he will be there. Neils Iversen not so sure about maybe rider replacement for him.

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Problem is Steve I don't know exactly how the rules work.

UK is NOT supposed to race on a Wed as the FIM rule set out we were supposed to get priority only on a Mon/Thur. Its the promoters themselves who chose to implement their own race days outside that agreement in order to service their own needs/requirement.

Just because KL chose to ride on a Wed (whether that be home or away) then I thought DK still had priority irrespective of riders nationality because UK dont have FIM approval to get priority.

I hope I am  wrong here as dont want to see UK Speedway deprived of its top riders. Would like someone to clarify for sure one way or the other.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Problem is Steve I don't know exactly how the rules work.

UK is NOT supposed to race on a Wed as the FIM rule set out we were supposed to get priority only on a Mon/Thur. Its the promoters themselves who chose to implement their own race days outside that agreement in order to service their own needs/requirement.

Just because KL chose to ride on a Wed (whether that be home or away) then I thought DK still had priority irrespective of riders nationality because UK dont have FIM approval to get priority.

I hope I am  wrong here as dont want to see UK Speedway deprived of its top riders. Would like someone to clarify for sure one way or the other.

It was going to be a Thursday night until Ipswich Sheffield and Poole showed their selfish side.

If thats the case how many meetings will klindt miss for us ?

19 minutes ago, ray c said:

If thats the case how many meetings will klindt miss for us ?

As I said in one of my previous posts in last hour. MAYBE Klindt has given up his DK contract to ride in Uk instead ??. Bearing mind he is based in UK and even with not a full season he would get at Poole 19 League matches plus up to 4 play off matches (If they were to get there) plus a min of one more KO Cup match.

His DK side Holsted have ridden 4 matches - sit bottom on 2 points and probably only have 8 matches to go as don't see them making the DK playoffs. From a financial perspective it makes financial sense for him to swap for Poole. Maybe Holsted have been prepared to let him go ??. He has just finished his new garden as well in UK so no doubt the money will be welcome and doesnt have to step out of UK twice a week. Still riding in POL Lge 2 of course which he will keep as he is riding ok over there. More money as well probably even if it is POL 2nd Div.

Maybe unrelated but on his twitter page today he is selling  2 engines from 2016 - £4500 total or £4200 if purchased together. Maybe his DK engines ?? Can't believe he is selling the crap he rode on for Workington of Fri & Sat. But then maybe he is.

Just now, STEVEHOLS54 said:

As I said in one of my previous posts in last hour. MAYBE Klindt has given up his DK contract to ride in Uk instead ??. Bearing mind he is based in UK and even with not a full season he would get at Poole 19 League matches plus up to 4 play off matches (If they were to get there) plus a min of one more KO Cup match.

His DK side Holsted have ridden 4 matches - sit bottom on 2 points and probably only have 8 matches to go as don't see them making the DK playoffs. From a financial perspective it makes financial sense for him to swap for Poole. Maybe Holsted have been prepared to let him go ??. He has just finished his new garden as well in UK so no doubt the money will be welcome and doesnt have to step out of UK twice a week. Still riding in POL Lge 2 of course which he will keep as he is riding ok over there. More money as well probably even if it is POL 2nd Div.

Maybe unrelated but on his twitter page today he is selling  2 engines from 2016 - £4500 total or £4200 if purchased together. Maybe his DK engines ?? Can't believe he is selling the crap he rode on for Workington of Fri & Sat. But then maybe he is.

Dont forget the final mate..;)

41 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

It was going to be a Thursday night until Ipswich Sheffield and Poole showed their selfish side.

Yes but thats individual promoters choice isnt it if they feel they wont have fixture clashes plus Ips/Sheff are also Champ so less likely to clash. Although some visiting sides could suffer of course.

In case of Kl they surely knew that it cld clash in some cases in the cases of NKI and Lambert.

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Dont forget the final mate..;)

Hi Starman

Thought I covered that when I said UP TO  4 play off matches being the 2 legged semi and the 2 legged final. Although we should be so lucky ;)

But i remain of course ever the optimist.