British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Kings Lynn Stars 13/06/18

Just now, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Hi Starman

Thought I covered that when I said UP TO  4 play off matches being the 2 legged semi and the 2 legged final. Although we should be so lucky ;)

But i remain of course ever the optimist.

Yup you did but just didnt mention it. Why not be the total optomist..

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Yup you did but just didnt mention it. Why not be the total optomist..

Well if I am going to be then you can add meetings on for getting to the KO Cup Final as well.

Nothing wrong in dreaming huh ?? :D

• Like 1

Just to clarify, The Danish League fixtures take priority on Wednesdays and that affects riders from other countries - ie not just Danes.

This has already affected Kings Lynn with NKI, Lambert, Palm-toft, Jorgensen and Andersen all missing KL meetings.

The early season rain-offs have just made the situation worse - Kings Lynn are already racing on Monday 18th that week.

The only possible way out is if Danish clubs hold fixtures on Fridays as some already do.

I think all this concern someone is putting out about Lambert is probably looking to getting a wind up in,and create all the rubbish that people are putting on here now.Shovvy 28 day ban c'mon:nono:.I'm pretty sure he will be at Poole next week.Put it this way twice this season Grinsted have rode on the same night as Lynn,guess what Lambert rode for Lynn on both occasions.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Just to clarify, The Danish League fixtures take priority on Wednesdays and that affects riders from other countries - ie not just Danes.

This has already affected Kings Lynn with NKI, Lambert, Palm-toft, Jorgensen and Andersen all missing KL meetings.

The early season rain-offs have just made the situation worse - Kings Lynn are already racing on Monday 18th that week.

The only possible way out is if Danish clubs hold fixtures on Fridays as some already do.

Sorry Skidder but Lambert hasn't missed a meeting for Lynn due to Danish commitments.He's only missed one meeting for Lynn and that was away to Leicester in the KO Cup due to a delayed flight:wink: 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lambert is British so British league takes priority over a foriegn league. Why would Lambert sign for a Danish team anyway when Britain rides on a Wednesday? If he told his Danish club he would ride for them when there wasn’t a clash with British commitments then fair enough but if he is missing next week, he should receive a 28 day ban. Plus a 6 point nl rider would take his place which would short change the people who turn up next week expecting to see a competitive league meeting.

Hope common sense prevails.

See Skidder1 post, he clearly understands the rules & you don't...…!!!!

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Sorry Skidder but Lambert hasn't missed a meeting for Lynn due to Danish commitments.He's only missed one meeting for Lynn and that was away to Leicester in the KO Cup due to a delayed flight:wink: 

Oops my bad!!

46 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

As I said in one of my previous posts in last hour. MAYBE Klindt has given up his DK contract to ride in Uk instead ??. Bearing mind he is based in UK and even with not a full season he would get at Poole 19 League matches plus up to 4 play off matches (If they were to get there) plus a min of one more KO Cup match.

His DK side Holsted have ridden 4 matches - sit bottom on 2 points and probably only have 8 matches to go as don't see them making the DK playoffs. From a financial perspective it makes financial sense for him to swap for Poole. Maybe Holsted have been prepared to let him go ??. He has just finished his new garden as well in UK so no doubt the money will be welcome and doesnt have to step out of UK twice a week. Still riding in POL Lge 2 of course which he will keep as he is riding ok over there. More money as well probably even if it is POL 2nd Div.

Maybe unrelated but on his twitter page today he is selling  2 engines from 2016 - £4500 total or £4200 if purchased together. Maybe his DK engines ?? Can't believe he is selling the crap he rode on for Workington of Fri & Sat. But then maybe he is.

Never understand why speedway is such a mystery all cloak and dagger stuff

Before Lambert signed for Kings Lynn Buster told him British speedway was going to be Mondays and Thursday's so he was clear to sign  for a Danish team on Wednesdays. It isn't Roberts fault if the BSPA then chose Wednesday's.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I think all this concern someone is putting out about Lambert is probably looking to getting a wind up in,and create all the rubbish that people are putting on here now.Shovvy 28 day ban c'mon:nono:.I'm pretty sure he will be at Poole next week.Put it this way twice this season Grinsted have rode on the same night as Lynn,guess what Lambert rode for Lynn on both occasions.

Sorry Tellboy but think you are right.

I can only imagine that despite the Danes having priority racenight, Rob must have signed a contract that allowed him to only race when KL are not riding.

He rode for Grinsted on 9/5 & 23/5 when KL were not riding and didnt ride for them on 2/5 & 30/5 when they were.

I know the Danes have a kind of squad arrangement and it may well be that getting a rider of Rob's ability to ride some meetings (in a league which is much smaller in fixtures than our Prem) then it was better than none.

But it  doesnt detract from the fact that DK do have priority race night on a Wed. But of course Rob and his management team would probably have signed a contract that gave him priority to ride Prem when KL rode but allowed him to ride DK when KL not riding and also subject to not clashing with any of his National Tournaments like World U21 or anything like that.

I think the Danes use a similar system to the Swedes where they can choose from a pool of riders as and when they need to. 

12 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Exactly. Unfortunately if Robert's Danish club want him to ride that's where he will have to be due to the race night priority, once clubs voted against the agreed Thursday for our top league then we have become powerless. 

Not Lambert's fault so of course he wouldn't receive a ban.

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Exactly. Unfortunately if Robert's Danish club want him to ride that's where he will have to be due to the race night priority, once clubs voted against the agreed Thursday for our top league then we have become powerless. 

Not Lambert's fault so of course he wouldn't receive a ban.

What facility is available ?

29 minutes ago, ray c said:

What facility is available ?

Full guest facility

12 hours ago, mrss said:

Before Lambert signed for Kings Lynn Buster told him British speedway was going to be Mondays and Thursday's so he was clear to sign  for a Danish team on Wednesdays. It isn't Roberts fault if the BSPA then chose Wednesday's.

There was there no way that Buster could have known that the Premier League would end up riding on Mon and Weds and not Mon and Thursday? It certainly won't be Buster's fault will it? He is renowned as a track maestro, not a tactical maestro. We will know at least 24 hours before the match via the Stars website how many of the Stars team are missing. Some will be in Denmark and some will still be on the injury list. What was first put forward as extensive physio for NKI turned into an operation, which involves a very different recovery period ( even for a speedway rider ).

Edited by waytogo28
edit not required

No NKI, No Lambert, No Holder ..... I'm glad I don't have to fork out 20 quid Plus for that.