British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Kings Lynn Stars 13/06/18

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

That is totally incorrect as far as MF was concerned. The objectors were 2 of the 3 Thursday tracks from the Championship who threatened to pull out of the league altogether. (No problem for the Sheffield/Leicester owners as if Thursdays were confirmed then Sheffield would have been SGBP and Leicester SGBC). If you want to use the 'toys out of the pram' analogy then look no further than Chris Louis!!

Thursdays were more than acceptable to Poole as it is and has always been their official published 'rain-off' day. 

Mondays and Wednesdays were only proposed to get over the impasse as the Championship clubs stuck together.

Ah, the Gospel According to MF !  Not according to the way it came to me, but I a sense it doesn't matter, it's just another example of the corporate failure of the BSPA under Chapmans stewardship to get their act together. Whichever way the finger of blame points, it is not Lamberts fault.

20 hours ago, mrss said:

Before Lambert signed for Kings Lynn Buster told him British speedway was going to be Mondays and Thursday's so he was clear to sign  for a Danish team on Wednesdays. It isn't Roberts fault if the BSPA then chose Wednesday's.

Not The Premiership promoters fault either, more like Championship promoters of course.  What I can’t understand is why Swindon can use Thursdays and we cannot???  What’s good for one club is good for another surely?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

BS!! Poole have no problems with riding on Thursdays. Can't blame him for everything. 

Not according to a certain Swindon manager who said in public the other week that Poole were 1 of the 3 selfish teams who wouldn't ride on permanent Thursdays.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daytripper said:

Chapman told him correctly. The agreement between countries was GB priority Monday and Thursday, Sweden Tuesday , Denmark Wednesday, and Poland all the rest. The problem arose because Ford threw his toys out of the pram and threatened to pull out if he didn't get Wednesday, and as usual the rest of them rolled over and let him get his own way. 

Utter made up crap. Poole have no issues riding on a Thursday night. None whatsoever.

You have made up a load of complete crap. Skidders post is correct. Perhaps change your name to Daytripping?

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Daytripper said:

Ah, the Gospel According to MF !  Not according to the way it came to me, but I a sense it doesn't matter, it's just another example of the corporate failure of the BSPA under Chapmans stewardship to get their act together. Whichever way the finger of blame points, it is not Lamberts fault.

I know you wont care but you are way off the mark.

Edited by sugarray
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Utter made up crap. Poole have no issues riding on a Thursday night. None whatsoever.

You have made up a load of complete crap. Skidders post is correct. Perhaps change your name to Daytripping?

See Wolfie 456's post immediately above yours.

14 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

See Wolfie 456's post immediately above yours.

It’s absolutely 100% not true. The issue came from the Championship.

Anyway back to the thread - anyone know yet how many Danes and others might be missing from this meeting?!

41 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s absolutely 100% not true. The issue came from the Championship.

Exactly what I thought, Ipswich and Redcar?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Not according to a certain Swindon manager who said in public the other week that Poole were 1 of the 3 selfish teams who wouldn't ride on permanent Thursdays.

We rode on Thursday v's RH last season so can't see it being a problem especially if it's down as the off race night! Think someone telling you porkies!!

23 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Anyway back to the thread - anyone know yet how many Danes and others might be missing from this meeting?!

Easy Peasy - check with the KL Stars club website , late afternoon on the 12/6/18 and no doubt all will be made clear. They hardly ever let you down.

• Like 2

It was voiced on this forum, immediately after the announcement of the FRN,   that a vote was taken  and Matt Ford voted to go along with three 2nd division teams, to keep Thursday free for championship .  When Ford was questioned about his vote, he replied he voted to enable Poole to operate on Wednesdays...

Some say this forum is gospel ;      I can understand Ford's logic,   it was  typical of the 'I'm alright right' philosophy...       

But why was something so big,  in regards to other countries fixture clashes,  that is was put to a vote with teams that has no bearing on Ist division racing  is beyond me...        Surely the BSPA should have detailed Mon and Thursday's as FRN ,  as was suggested by the FIM,   and then asked the teams which league they wanted to join,     not give  2nd div teams,  the option  of day and League they wish to race.     

They sure made a real pigs ear of everything,   

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, g13webb said:

It was voiced on this forum, immediately after the announcement of the FRN,   that a vote was taken  and Matt Ford voted to go along with three 2nd division teams, to keep Thursday free for championship .  When Ford was questioned about his vote, he replied he voted to enable Poole to operate on Wednesdays...

Some say this forum is gospel ;      I can understand Ford's logic,   it was  typical of the 'I'm alright right' philosophy...       

But why was something so big,  in regards to other countries fixture clashes,  that is was put to a vote with teams that has no bearing on Ist division racing  is beyond me...        Surely the BSPA should have detailed Mon and Thursday's as FRN ,  as was suggested by the FIM,   and then asked the teams which league they wanted to join,     not give  2nd div teams,  the option  of day and League they wish to race.     

They sure made a real pigs ear of everything,   

That is simply not true. You are probably repeating something some idiot just made up at the time.

• Like 2