British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Kings Lynn Stars 13/06/18

Doesn't look as though the track improvements have improved much. Seeing bikes bounce around the track is horrendous. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Curiousity led me to watch it. If that's the race of the night no wonder the sport is dying.

Wasn’t race of the night at all. 13 and 15 far better races.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wasn’t race of the night at all. 13 and 15 far better races.

So is the BSPA putting it on their website saying it's exciting supposed to tempt new fans? If not what's the point of it and indeed why not use footage of the better race?

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think Lynn being half an hour down the road and having good sponsorship locally means that riding for the Stars works perfectly for Robert.....it was said that he would have to leave to move his career on but this season has blown that theory out of the water completely. Unless somebody comes up with a megabucks deal (and I don't believe that money exists in British Speedway any more) I think he will only stop riding for the Stars if and when he cuts out the UK altogether.

He absolutely does need more support though, if he has an off night which he surely will at some point we will be screwed unless others step up to the plate.

It’s rubbish that he needs to go to another track to further his career, the only thing he could gain from racing regular at another track is more money, given a better deal imo

The track last night was terrible, was so many ripples and bumps and plenty of dust, it was rubbish!

44 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

So is the BSPA putting it on their website saying it's exciting supposed to tempt new fans? If not what's the point of it and indeed why not use footage of the better race?

No idea. Perhaps the video company don’t want to give away the best heats. As I said, 13 and 15 were much better heats.

29 minutes ago, Trees said:

It’s rubbish that he needs to go to another track to further his career, the only thing he could gain from racing regular at another track is more money, given a better deal imo

The track last night was terrible, was so many ripples and bumps and plenty of dust, it was rubbish!

Dust inthe lasr 4-5 heats. No watering whatsoever last night. Stuart Dickson was overseeing the track all night. Suprised the track wastn’t watered.

28 minutes ago, Trees said:

I have to agree, the track was poor last night. Underwatered and very patchy, with too much dry loose material on the outside, which caught out a few of the riders. As a neutral it was my first visit of the season to poole, so I have no axe to grind.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Doesn't look as though the track improvements have improved much. Seeing bikes bounce around the track is horrendous.

that's not what the riders said at the after match press conference, they all loved it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Curiousity led me to watch it. If that's the race of the night no wonder the sport is dying.

heat 13 was right out of the top drawer, a brilliant ride from Ritchie

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

that's not what the riders said at the after match press conference, they all loved it

They would have hated it, had they lost!

NKI with 5 points very poor for some reason.

His performance in Poland for Torun was much better than that!

5 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

They would have hated it, had they lost!

Well it most have improved otherwise it would have been cancelled like the other week!

Oh, and this is for the fans who think Matt Richie plays for Bournemouth:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/matt-ritchie/profil/spieler/92469

Oh, and this:

https://www.premierleague.com/players/3934/Matt-Ritchie/overview

Edited by lisa-colette

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

What do you think as a fan watching bikes bounce around the track??

What the rider's think is irrelevant as they're being paid. The sport needs to attract fans, not rider's opinions.

To watch that every week I'd rather go to Alton Towers and enjoy the rollercoasters myself.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GWC said:

NKI with 5 points very poor for some reason.

His performance in Poland for Torun was much better than that!

Suprised the KL fans haven’t turned on him like they did CH. Holder had well documented personal problems, which are still ongoing, but the KL fans gave him no slack at all. And he was doing a far better job than Iversen has done for them this season.

With Iversen doing well in Poland on Sunday, why was he so rubbish last night?