British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Kings Lynn Stars 13/06/18

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Only Kerr and the reserves can take the r/r rides based on the new averages. Of course one of them might become a Tac Sub?!

I have not checked, but I think Ty is 3rd in Lynn's averages, so 2nd can take one, NKI.. Or has Kerr overtaken Ty.

Just checked. Your are right. Bad news for Lynn. Easy win for Poole :sad:

Edited by Bald Bloke

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If he was 'recalled at the last minute' why was he listed in the Holsted team line-up for tonight before the weekend?!

Maybe he was released and then recalled all since before the weekend? It depends if you trust what the promotion say, personally I do but I can understand why some people don't. If he was never going to ride I don't see why the club didn't declare a guest in the first place, they had nothing to gain by telling fibs for the last five days.

They had nothing to gain by telling fibs for the last five years, but it hasn't stopped them from doing so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's hard to see how much longer the sport can survive in its current form. No wonder the fans are leaving in their droves.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

With Lambert wanting to leave Kings Lynn during last winter, and not being allowed to, he is probably right for the picking at the end of the season. Just the type of rider who would look good in the skull and crossbones of Poole. Would compliment Brady at the top end. Matt should be making enquiries.

Like Holder you mean? :)

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, mrss said:

They had nothing to gain by telling fibs for the last five years, but it hasn't stopped them from doing so.

They have if they thought they could get away with fibbing and hoodwinking fans but in this particular instance I can't see the value in that or what they can get away with. They have obviously negotiated with MPT's Danish club and its not gone their way at the last minute. 

38 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Maybe he was released and then recalled all since before the weekend? It depends if you trust what the promotion say, personally I do but I can understand why some people don't. If he was never going to ride I don't see why the club didn't declare a guest in the first place, they had nothing to gain by telling fibs for the last five days.

After last year I can't see how the promotion can be trusted, they haven't done a very good job so far in 2018 to change that either. So far in 2018, any issues that arise always is someone else's fault. Picking 4 Dane's on a Wednesday race night is the Stars management fault, end of. Palm Toft and Andersen were announced in their Danish clubs fixtures, yet on Tuesday the Stars add Palm Toft to the line-up. Who's to blame? The Stars management obviously. 

The Stars management have yet again promised that the Danish rider's won't be missing any more meetings. That is nonsense. If these Danish clubs pick up injuries our rider's WILL be recalled.

The Stars management need to stop playing games with the supporters, they have 2 options. Just admit they'll have to deal with the challenges for the remainder of the season or change the rider's. To say they've had been promised that these rider's won't be missing any more meetings is nigh on ridiculous and naive. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The Stars management have yet again promised that the Danish rider's won't be missing any more meetings. That is nonsense. If these Danish clubs pick up injuries our rider's WILL be recalled.

The Stars management need to stop playing games with the supporters, they have 2 options. Just admit they'll have to deal with the challenges for the remainder of the season or change the rider's. To say they've had been promised that these rider's won't be missing any more meetings is nigh on ridiculous and naive. 

I'm sure the happy clappers will complain and say it's negativity and it is BUT it's the truth. 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

With Starke at reserve I would have said makes you stronger, but thinking about it PT has had some good meetings at Poole, so not sure it does! 

Don't think so Proctor and MPT have been going very well this season.

Don't forget... FREE parking at the stadium tonight if you paid to park for the last rain off.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Don't think so Proctor and MPT have been going very well this season.

Agree 50-40 the Pirates:t:

Hoping for a big score from this young man tonight though.  

Embedded

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Fixer2 said:

Don't forget... FREE parking at the stadium tonight if you paid to park for the last rain off.

Is that really free then,it just seems you have paid in advance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

After last year I can't see how the promotion can be trusted, they haven't done a very good job so far in 2018 to change that either. So far in 2018, any issues that arise always is someone else's fault. Picking 4 Dane's on a Wednesday race night is the Stars management fault, end of. Palm Toft and Andersen were announced in their Danish clubs fixtures, yet on Tuesday the Stars add Palm Toft to the line-up. Who's to blame? The Stars management obviously. 

I totally agree,   Its all very well coming out with the right  lines and promises, but we all know they are not able to predict what happens in future meetings.   If A Danish squad rider was to get hurt,  a replacement will be named, so how can we be certain these promises will be honoured...   They're not worth the paper they're written on.   

The only chance the Stars may have to be in contention for those PO places is to unload at least 2 of our Danish Riders and replace with available  options.       Anything must be better than we have at present.   

Any suggestions on the 'available options'?