Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Kings Lynn Stars 13/06/18

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, ray c said:

Not true Nigel said that Matt Richie was a Newcastle player after leaving Bournemouth 

Had no end of people coming over and saying about his playing for Bournemouth, including 4 season ticket holders at Bournemouth!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ray c said:

Not true Nigel said that Matt Richie was a Newcastle player after leaving Bournemouth 

He was announced as a Bournemouth footballer! You can hear it on the video clip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

He did but scored quite well in Poland and Sweden this week. We need him to start pulling his finger out sharpish over here, starting on Monday hopefully.

Hadn't realised that to be fair, but as Haza says we have a couple of matches in hand. The key is going to be getting a full side out going forward.

Hopefully Niels will get back to form.But the way he is at the moment he would be the most replaceable Dane we have unlike what Daniel said saying the other 3 are.Niels has missed as many matches but is the most underperforming of any of the Danes we have.Hopefully he will turn the corner in the next few matches and the team start winning again.

All in all though many people moaned about the racing last year,that has improved alot.It was inevitable they would then move on to something else.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Haza said:

7 points off a play off place with 2 meetings in hand - long way to go yet but not in a good position that’s for sure . The reception Poole put on for Lambert seems to me he will be on his way to Dorset come 2019 . 

If he does that, we may as well pack up..       Thank God for Robert Lambert...….  Without him last night our scores would have been embarrassing.....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He was announced as a Bournemouth footballer! You can hear it on the video clip!

Thats correct Steve. Nij said he was, a bournemouth player now playing for Newcastle..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Nit picking or what he is not a Bournemouth player 

Edited by ray c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, g13webb said:

If he does that, we may as well pack up..       Thank God for Robert Lambert...….  Without him last night our scores would have been embarrassing.....

Without Lambert the team is and has been $#!+.

Go back through the seasons meetings he's single handily kept us in meetings. 

He's averaging 9.46 this season. The next best average is Iversen with 6.60 then Kerr 6.30.

The team is performing as 1 heatleader, 3 2nd strings, 2 reserves and a wobbling Dane. 

If people are happy for that to carry on, fair enough. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Hopefully Niels will get back to form.But the way he is at the moment he would be the most replaceable Dane we have unlike what Daniel said saying the other 3 are.Niels has missed as many matches but is the most underperforming of any of the Danes we have.Hopefully he will turn the corner in the next few matches and the team start winning again.

All in all though many people moaned about the racing last year,that has improved alot.It was inevitable they would then move on to something else.

 

If it wasn't for Lambo, we would be firmly rooted to the bottom, before now.. I know we have dropped into the wooden spoon position after last night, and the way its's going we are looking like staying there. Robert must be getting ******  off that he's riding like he is this season and Lynn are bottom. Could be on his way next season, or not bother with the UK at all.I know there's time left, but it's not looking to good.., unlike Poole we started well and have gone backwards. The wrong way around.

I know NKI  is class but started on a 9.04...His average this season so far is 6.60

TJ started on 5.93, again his average this season stands at 4.42

Anderson came in on a 4.00, he is on 2.60

MPT came in on 5.85( I think) sits on 4.87

These are just this seasons ave's, not including last night, or rolling ave's.

We had Robert, Ty  and Kerr going ok, but it's not enough.

That's  - 6.25 from the starting ave for those 4 riders.

I'm not saying they all have to go, but surely something could be done.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are good points made in both the above posts, although I think the general feeling of doom and gloom is a little OTT. We have had four home meetings and six away in all competitions and last night was the first time we've not scored 41 points. We have had a home defeat and an away win plus a bonus point on the road so we are just above break even. 

We need a run of home matches with a full team to really see how strong this team is, let's hope we get it. Still too early to start replacing riders IMO but at some point if one or two don't start showing signs of improvement then it needs to be thought about, especially if there are spare points to play with. Andersen is very raw but no wobbler, just needs to start getting out of the gate better and a run of home meetings will benefit him no end rather than a different track every week that he's not seen before. Not beyond the realms of possibility though that it's a year or two too early for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what all these patched up teams does to the morale of the team and in particular to Robert Lambert     I wonder what was told to him in the closed season to get him to commit for 2018.   Was he sold a load of old flannel by Buster and Dale.    

 

Im with Baggy to a degree.  The 7 we have would give anyone a good test, providing they are all riding to their ability.  Sadly with the number of times this rider or that rider are missing meets that hasn't been possible.  Lets hope it is now at an end.  The big key will be NKI, and now he has had his shoulder fixed will he get back to where he once was.  If he does then the rest of the pieces will fall into place.  If he doesn't then the thing will fall apart.   Lambert is a young and must feel like he is fighting a losing battle with the way thigs are at the moment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, Ray and Starman are right, Matt Richie plays for Newcastle. He did play for Bournemouth for a good few seasons though. Surprised when they sold him tbh.

Just google it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yep, Ray and Starman are right, Matt Richie plays for Newcastle. He did play for Bournemouth for a good few seasons though. Surprised when they sold him tbh.

Just google it! 

So was i to be honest Lis. But perhaps it was the players decision to leave..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, semion said:

I wonder what all these patched up teams does to the morale of the team and in particular to Robert Lambert     I wonder what was told to him in the closed season to get him to commit for 2018.   Was he sold a load of old flannel by Buster and Dale.    

 

Im with Baggy to a degree.  The 7 we have would give anyone a good test, providing they are all riding to their ability.  Sadly with the number of times this rider or that rider are missing meets that hasn't been possible.  Lets hope it is now at an end.  The big key will be NKI, and now he has had his shoulder fixed will he get back to where he once was.  If he does then the rest of the pieces will fall into place.  If he doesn't then the thing will fall apart.   Lambert is a young and must feel like he is fighting a losing battle with the way thigs are at the moment.

No matter how much Flannel as you put it was sold to Robert, if he didnt want to ride for you he wouldnt. Unless he was made an offer he cannot refuse ? Personally, i dont think he will be a Lynn next season..  As for NKI, he didnt look at all comfortable last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Lynn being half an hour down the road and having good sponsorship locally means that riding for the Stars works perfectly for Robert.....it was said that he would have to leave to move his career on but this season has blown that theory out of the water completely. Unless somebody comes up with a megabucks deal (and I don't believe that money exists in British Speedway any more) I think he will only stop riding for the Stars if and when he cuts out the UK altogether.

He absolutely does need more support though, if he has an off night which he surely will at some point we will be screwed unless others step up to the plate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy