British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Kings Lynn Stars 13/06/18

22 hours ago, Trees said:

So what is the truth then Phil?  Can the fans not know why our clubs are so affected by this decision, particularly my club?  And why can’t we all use Thursdays like Swindon?

1 hour ago, christalan said:

Can somebody show me the indisputable evidence where Matt Ford was supposed to have made these statements or are they fictitious like many posts on here.

BECAUSE the BSPA never disclose what actually happens at their 'secretive' meetings which its something that should change. It is a major reason why there is so much suspicion about what goes on behind closed doors.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BECAUSE the BSPA never disclose what actually happens at their 'secretive' meetings which its something that should change. It is a major reason why there is so much suspicion about what goes on behind closed doors.

They don't, bit we do get snippets from promoters.

Adams and Rossiter have both said Poole voted against Thursday's.

Matt Ford has never confirmed or denied it but I suppose he couldn't as he wasn't in attendance (apparently).

So who was the individual to cast the Poole vote??

Were promoters lying??

The thing is that fans get shot down on here for lying but the promoters of our sport really don't help themselves either.

33 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Matt Ford has never confirmed or denied it but I suppose he couldn't as he wasn't in attendance (apparently).

Were promoters lying??

The thing is that fans get shot down on here for lying but the promoters of our sport really don't help themselves either.

Fans don’t help themselves by continuously making up a load of b*llocks with anything to do with Poole. 

Anyone seen my hampster? I saw Ford grinning with a tail hanging out of his mouth........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Were promoters lying??

Funny 3 other promoters told me differently and Matt was in attendance.

Edited by sugarray

11 hours ago, christalan said:

Can somebody show me the indisputable evidence where Matt Ford was supposed to have made these statements or are they fictitious like many posts on here.

Looking back through the Speedway Stars ,  (Published on 23rd Nov 2017)   when  reporting on the AGM,  it read:  ' it appears Matt Ford was the instigator of having Wednesdays as a fixed race night, instead of Thursdays, and every team voted to comply. That's all except Swindon. They have been given permission to run half their meetings on Thursdays in 2018....'

I am more likely to believe the S/S,  than those  fans who can see no wrong in anything connected with Poole Speedway...     

I thought Ford was more astute than that, seeing the bigger picture,  but it appears he is no different than the rest.     Buster once said after becoming Chairman, it was his intention to make the sport open and transparent.       Seems we are still waiting for that to happen....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Looking back through the Speedway Stars ,  (Published on 23rd Nov 2017)   when  reporting on the AGM,  it read:  ' it appears Matt Ford was the instigator of having Wednesdays as a fixed race night, instead of Thursdays, and every team voted to comply. That's all except Swindon. They have been given permission to run half their meetings on Thursdays in 2018....'

I am more likely to believe the S/S,  than those  fans who can see no wrong in anything connected with Poole Speedway...     

I thought Ford was more astute than that, seeing the bigger picture,  but it appears he is no different than the rest.     Buster once said after becoming Chairman, it was his intention to make the sport open and transparent.       Seems we are still waiting for that to happen....

You believe what you like but I believe people who were there.

Did Matt propose Weds once the Championship teams said they couldn't/wouldn't run on nights other than Thursdays though, that's how committee meetings work..... 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Buster once said after becoming Chairman, it was his intention to make the sport open and transparent.       Seems we are still waiting for that to happen....

When you thirst for power, you promise anything that people want. When you get in power you do as you think fit , in the way you prefer and end up just like those who went before you.

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Fans don’t help themselves by continuously making up a load of b*llocks with anything to do with Poole. 

Anyone seen my hampster? I saw Ford grinning with a tail hanging out of his mouth........

Freddie Ford ate my Hamster

Edited by semion

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I wasn`t lying when i said that Poole  licensed officials lied to SCB officials over the absence of Kasprzak  in the Good Friday meetings against Somerset-  April 2017

you might remember this thread :D  

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Whats that got to do with anything?:rolleyes: More old rubbish to throw? It really is pathetic.

As for the meeting, let’s hope the weather stays dry and we can actually see some racing and a Poole win to close up on a playoff place.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2

To be honest they should've kept it Mondays and Thursday and just told Ipswich and Redcar that if they want to name d/u riders then they don't get priority. Simple.

Let's hope  we get  some speedway next Wednesday with both at full strength and on a track that's fit for purpose can't ask for anymore than that

Edited by ray c