British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

IOW V Eastbourne thur 7th June 7pm NT

Ben Morley returns after being taken out ,,up in the air and into the fence at Redcar ,,dislocating his right thumb..Hopefully he will be able to perform at his normal level against an Eastbourne team who look  strong from the bottom up,, .......For the  IOW who could have Campos back ,for the struggling Warriors,,,will all need to up their game to have any chance of winning.... Hope its a good meeting and all the riders stay safe

Edited by waco
date

morley will have to work harder for a maximum this time as woods and brennan are riding out of their skins but without powell or with an injured powell if rumours are true and brooks battered and bruised from saturday i don't see eastbourne getting anything from this one.

Brooks was never doing this one. He has exam. Said so on Eastbourne website.

3 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Brooks was never doing this one. He has exam. Said so on Eastbourne website.

i was thinking that it was birmingham through to kent he was missing , but the point is the same that we'll be weaker without him.

Ben  Morley the only. Warrior.to win any races at home says a lot about this under performing side..Strong showing from Eastbourne running out big winners here tonight .You have to feel sorry for the IOW promoters and their fans ,,some of these riders are consistently very poor.What they can do about it I do not know ?

I feel sorry for the iow promotion,forward thinking, people friendly, heart on the sleeve stuff.

However they really  struggle to get riders on the books, eastbourne are a long way from the best side in the league and theyve smashed up

9 hours ago, waco said:

Ben  Morley the only. Warrior.to win any races at home says a lot about this under performing side..Strong showing from Eastbourne running out big winners here tonight .You have to feel sorry for the IOW promoters and their fans ,,some of these riders are consistently very poor.What they can do about it I do not know ?

yes i have to agree, consistent yes, but the wrong kind of consistency, I think the Promoters despite there hard work, have to try to have a shake up somehow, people wont carry on paying good money to watch a team lose..

• Like 1

It was a walk in the park for Eastie last night, but the island are not alone in being weak at the moment. There are are a few sides struggling in the NL this year, which is no good for the home promotion or those away tracks they visit. Big home wins do more damage than good in the long term.

3 hours ago, cityrebel said:

It was a walk in the park for Eastie last night, but the island are not alone in being weak at the moment. There are are a few sides struggling in the NL this year, which is no good for the home promotion or those away tracks they visit. Big home wins do more damage than good in the long term.

I think you are right here. The NL has a lopsided look about it this season with one or two very strong and others weak. No-one's fault, but it might well not be good for attendances.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Quite agree. Some of this year's NL teams look to be very unattractive visitors and are proving to be that on track.

The National Trophy (south) section lost much of its interest early on when Mildenhall secured big wins at the Island and Plymouth.

As a result, too many "dead rubbers" - very unhelpful for attendances.

• Like 2

It does seem that some clubs have a monopoly on the best youngsters. ,,and this is not good for what is already a struggling sport...