British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Workington SGB Shield 8/6/2018

Well done lads a fantastic team effort, with 6 of them getting race wins.

A special well done to Nicolai - great to have you back.

9 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Will be a tough one tonight the comets are a solid side who all know the way round Armadale, going for a narrow 2 point home win. 

But wouldn’t be entirely surprised if the comets nicked it.

Mr Blobby, well done 

9 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Will be a tough one tonight the comets are a solid side who all know the way round Armadale, going for a narrow 2 point home win. 

But wouldn’t be entirely surprised if the comets nicked it.

see you covered yourself there from both angles  .  was it a good meeting ?

don't know if I should be happy with another away win for Workington 

or frustrated as we all know this team is above average when riding well 

but well below when things arnt right 

well stroll on end of june for another meeting at Derwent park 

10 hours ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Well  Wee  Dan , Proctor  and  Bach on a  going  day  have  Armadale form  and  Mason Tampon  should  score  from  reserve.

Come  on  Marra`s  the  draw  is  there  for  you.......with a  bit of  help.

you seem to know am awful lot about tampons , but jack about speedway in general .  name calling is not good is it belchers . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fourentee said:

Would be delighted (and surprised) if Workington do enough to go through tonight. As Taylorj notes, it's not the most productive of venues for the Comets. But we live in hope.

Am delighted and surprised! Anyone know when Workington last won at Edinburgh?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jenga said:

you seem to know am awful lot about tampons , but jack about speedway in general .  name calling is not good is it belchers . 

And  you don't do name calling there's a surprise.

3 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

And  you don't do name calling there's a surprise.

i just did . 

so can you still reach the semi,s or not ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fourentee said:

Am delighted and surprised! Anyone know when Workington last won at Edinburgh?

I’ve only been once, sure Comets won and Rusty was riding for Edinburgh, whenever that was. 

Edited by comet49
re position

6 minutes ago, jenga said:

i just did . 

so can you still reach the semi,s or not ?

I believe we need to beat Ipswich a week on Sunday to qualify but not absolutely sure on how it all pans out.   Great rider that guy Klindt   villain last week hero tonight , that's the problem with him you never know what you're getting. Another Jenga type puzzle.

No flies on you Jenga.........well spotted.

Its over 20 years since I did any gynaecology, but I was a dab hand in labour suite with retained placenta, nice small mitts me.

Well done Comics, after the 1/5 in heat 5 they had a sense a win was on and thoroughly deserved it. Wee Dan looks a man on the up and very stylish. 

Go on and win it.......Lakeside the biggest hurdle perhaps.

Worky tonight showed why six of their riders are potential heat winners, whereas Monarchs weakness at 2 - 4 was apparent for all to see.

No hard luck stories for either side, as on the night Comets were simply the better side, and to have been unbeaten throughout the Borders Group, thoroughly merited being overall winners of the Borders Group.

If Klindt can maintain the level of performance he showed in his last 4 rides, imo Comets could be serious title contenders, although I still rate Lakeside as favourites.

For Edinburgh, the gamble of going with two overseas newcomers has so far not proved to be a positive move, with both averaging well below their 5.2 starting GSA.

Ruml in particular has regressed as the Season has progressed, and I am puzzled why, unlike the Riss brothers, who tonight when due to the early finish took the opportunity to put in some practice laps, Max did not do likewise, as he was in more need of further practice?