British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

The top ten NL riders.?

The NL now has some real talent riding in that League a mixture of all ages with some great youngsters coming through.Who would be your top ten riders in that league here goes ( no order) Morley.   -  Hume.-   Mountain.-  Roynon.- Bailey.- Flint.- Kemp.- Bacon.-  Brennan.-  Bowen.-

Hume

Bacon 

Shanes 

Roynon 

Bowen 

Mountain 

Bailey

Morley 

Flint/Kemp /Brennan/jenkins/Thomas any 2 from then impossible to split 

In no particular order 

Stoneman has been very impressive this term and must be in the mix.

I agree with Teaboy. I have watched a few Kent matches this year and, apart from having the occasional fall, mostly due to riding too hard,

Stoneman has been very impressive. Obviously Bowen is in the top ten list and maybe even Thomas whose performances have been upo and

down.  On the Kent theme, does anyone know the starting time of the Southern Dev. League match at Iwade next Sunday ?  It was originally

stated as 3pm but I've since heard that it is 1pm.

Adam Roynon
Connor Mountain
Leon Flint
Luke Bowen
Ben Morley
Richard Andrews
Drew Kemp
Danyon Hume
Tom Bacon
Tom Brennan

Hopefully the majority will be full time Championship riders next season!

Edited by GWC
  • Like 1

GWC wants all the National League's top riders to move up into the Championship.  I wonder if he'd want that if he was a Plymouth or

Birmingham supporter instead of Rye House ?  I very much doubt it.  No fan like to lose top stars from their team....or the league for

that matter.  These are the riders who put bums on seats.

The system in which riders with averages over 4 in the Championship are then ineligible for NL works well enough. As for the riders mentioned, Roynon is on his way down, and Flint is just turned 15 and has no intention of going up yet. Don't forget that there is a big gap between all leagues: an invincible NL no. 1 is a stuggling 3 point reserve in the Champ.

Well, JJ, I'm not sure that I agree with your view that a top NL heat leader is a "struggling" 3 point reserve in the next league above. True talent will

always shine through and there are loads of ex-NL riders who have made it in the top leagues.  None the less, it is my view that the present NL is

at a lower standard than it should be because of the intervention of the BSPA in setting pre-season points limits at a low level.  If they had the nouse

to understand that it would be far better for the sport if the NL was as strong as possible, thus training riders to a better level.

• Like 1