British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Glasgow - Sun 10th June Championship

20 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

We really don’t have anything to lose in replacing Bacon as harsh it sounds. Shame Redcar signed Greaves as would have been a good fit 

Swap you Bacon for our seasoned under performer at reserve!

Disappointing result having been ahead early in the meeting, particularly from ht11 onwards. Its not like the Glasgow website to be so forthright, its usually flourishing with positivity, but it pulls no punches on the EF's and mistakes. Perhaps the frustration some fans have had this season is beginning to register with the key decision makers.

• Like 1

Superb meeting, nice day, big crowd, great racing and some big crashes (thankfully no one hurt). Glasgow kind of threw it away but Panthers did improve towards the end.

• Like 1

What a bunch of chokers! I'm losing count of the number of matches we've thrown away after establishing a good lead.

• Like 1

Great meeting, thought Glasgow deserved something from it, fortune favoured Panthers in all honesty.

Some great racing in the sunshine

from a workington point of view , our meeting WAS the best @ Peterborough this d=season .

9 hours ago, jenga said:

from a workington point of view , our meeting WAS the best @ Peterborough this d=season .

So you keep saying

Doesnt make you right Jenga

Very good meeting, with Glasgow unlucky to go home with nothing. Pleased to see all the riders walk away from a few bad looking crashes. Bacon has had long enough to master the Showground, & needs replacing.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2018 at 10:20 PM, NeilWatson said:

Highways Agency website not much help. From Newmarket I would travel via Ely, March and Whittlesey - miss out the A14/A1 completely.

Almost right Neil but as I travel to the Eoes from the Ely area there is a quicker route cutting out March and Whittlesey in case anyone needs it in the future.   From Ely when you reach Chatteris head for Ramsey Forty Foot travelling along the road that runs alongside the forty foot river (mostly straight about 4 miles and beware it has 50mph Average speed cameras on) - at RFF turn right going through Ramsey Mereside to Pondersbridge then head for Stanground/Peterborough using the new Stanground bypass towards the A1/Alwalton/Eoes.   Much quicker as no hold ups, traffic lights and minimal 30mph of speed limit.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, maneacat said:

Almost right Neil but as I travel to the Eoes from the Ely area there is a quicker route cutting out March and Whittlesey in case anyone needs it in the future.   From Ely when you reach Chatteris head for Ramsey Forty Foot travelling along the road that runs alongside the forty foot river (mostly straight about 4 miles and beware it has 50mph Average speed cameras on) - at RFF turn right going through Ramsey Mereside to Pondersbridge then head for Stanground/Peterborough using the new Stanground bypass towards the A1/Alwalton/Eoes.   Much quicker as no hold ups, traffic lights and minimal 30mph of speed limit.  

I use that route when I come to the Showground from Suffolk, it’s a lot quicker I find especially with all the road works but as you say that 4 mile stretch is tedious but you can see why with the river next to the road!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, maneacat said:

That’s the route I’d use too - but I thought the main road route might be easier for anyone who doesn’t know the road!

The traffic issues didn’t seem to keep too many people away from what was an excellent meeting.

14 hours ago, Lukas said:

Superb meeting, nice day, big crowd, great racing and some big crashes (thankfully no one hurt). Glasgow kind of threw it away but Panthers did improve towards the end.

Agree with all of that, was it a big crowd though? I'm not a regular at Peterborough (but am becoming one again) but compared to years gone by I thought it was a poor crowd, especially for a sunny Sunday afternoon against a pretty good team. Half of the grandstand was closed though so most of the crowd was packed into one area.

As I like to stand to watch my Speedway I was forced to go to the back straight or get covered in dust, Neil Watson if you read this can you do something about the volume of the tannoy on the back straight, my ears were almost bleeding after 15 heats of distorted music , I noticed the music was turned down when a rider was down injured and then cranked back up to 11 as soon as he was up... maybe 8 would do the trick!

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, maneacat said:

Excellent route - used to use that years ago living and working in the area and had to regularly get to Suffolk.

Are the folk living at Pondersbridge still selling ferrets?

• Haha 1