British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions vs Panthers 15.6.18 7.30pm

Brilliant result. Imagine how good we could've beem with Kennett in for Perks 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, speedy bill said:

Auty on fire 14 points cant believe Belle Vue have not signed him Garity love him but to inconsistent for me

How did he do in the British final????

First of all well done Peterborough, very solid and in Bacon you had a trump card.

For Scunny, very dissapointing, the joys of guests eh, really hitting us hard with injuries and when you lose your strong reserve it leaves you very vulnerable. I was suprised they chose Stewart as he either rides well or very bad, we got the bad one. I am sure Kurtz would have been a better option, althgough he failed badly on his last guest visit too. I am starting to think that this season Phillips is not going to improve and is still a 6-7 pt NL rider, he is barely winning races in that league when there are better options in the NL from Kemp, Flint, Brennan, Wood etc is it worth blooding somebody else who is winning races regularly in the NL or do we stick with what we have?

Anyway its still early in the season and many turns to come for the race to the play offs, enjoy your win Peterborough, we will try again some time soon :)

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

You cant judge riders on one meeting, this one or the British final.

I wouldnt say Auty is better or worse than Garrity, I would say they both deserve a spot in the PL.

14 minutes ago, speedy bill said:

Auty on fire 14 points cant believe Belle Vue have not signed him Garity love him but to inconsistent for me

Belle Vue don't ride their home matches in Scunthorpe do they?

They ride at the NSS, where Auty is pretty crap and Garrity is pretty good (British No.4).

34 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

how did he do in League riders final    stop being a prick Phill you know nothing

Edited by speedy bill

39 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Belle Vue don't ride their home matches in Scunthorpe do they?

They ride at the NSS, where Auty is pretty crap and Garrity is pretty good (British No.4).

Auty only failed to score double figure points once in league meetings this year

34 minutes ago, speedy bill said:

how did he do in League riders final    stop being a prick Phill you know nothing

It's funny how no1 wants auty. Just Scunthorpe and yourself. You have some weird obsession with him. You need help

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lewis said:

You cant judge riders on one meeting, this one or the British final.

I wouldnt say Auty is better or worse than Garrity, I would say they both deserve a spot in the PL.

But myself and other aces fans are not making our decision on 1 meeting. It's the multiple meetings he's had at NSS. 1 good meeting he's had. And a couple of ok ones. Rest poor

Well done to the panthers.. And take a bow Tom Bacon.. What a performance 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, speedy bill said:

Grow up Phill Josh is a realy nice guy and with fans like you he probably not want to ride for you anyway

Your telling me to grow up yet you are the one throwing childish insults hahaha

• Like 1

Some glum looking home fans leaving the EWR tonight... Whilst a decent contingent of Peterboro fans left with beaming smiles on their faces.

Peterboro well deserved winners...  no arguments from me on that score... and wow, what a match winning performance from Tom Bacon, didn't  see that one coming! Big well done to him.  Good meeting also for Palm Toft.

Disappointing to lose... However the racing was again top notch and provided some great entertainment, despite the track being rather slick and dry.  The track conditions probably played into Peterboros hands a little, i'd of put plenty dirt down and plenty of water on, we know certain Peterboro riders don't like a wet ERW!... Maybe it was prepared with tomorrows big dirt bike meeting in mind?

In the end, Scunnys injury woes bit them on the bum. Scunnys two guest facilities didn't work out, poor show from Schlein and a rather inept performance from Stewart did a lot of the damage... a poor return from the rider replacement rides didn't help our cause either. Hope I don't come across as making excuses, i'm not, we were simply beaten by a better team tonight.

Hope our injured riders get back to the tapes soon so we can kickstart our season again.