British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership - Swindon v Rye House • 14/06/18

Rye deserved a point and were unlucky . the Scott Nicholls ef when in the lead was vital to the overall result .Saying that how on earth was there no re run in  the last heat ? Harris and Muse were wheel to wheel when mpt fell 

3 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Bellego needs to up his game and fast.

Your a twit.How's Mitch's fundraising going.

• Like 2

I left before heat 15 due to the M4 been closed at 10,  is MPT ok he rode well for Rye house tonight and the way KK started I didn’t expect a robins win

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Your a twit.How's Mitch's fundraising going.

A twit for stating a opinion on a forum. Maybe you shouldn’t be a member of this forum, God forbid anybody have a difference of opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bring in Starke & Shanes and all of a sudden the team looks more balanced.

1. Nick Morris 8.51

2. Paul Starke 5.08

3. Tobiasz Musielak 7.42

4. Adam Ellis 6.42

5. Troy Batchelor 8.04

6. Zach Wajtknecht 3.73

7. James Shanes 3.31

Got to say whilst anyone would have liked 3 points last night would I have taken a point before the meeting? YES

Seems both teams could make a case for a better result but there still seems to be life in this team as I did not expect to trouble 40 points before the meeting.

well, after going behind the way we did, to drag that result back to a win with a 14 point swing, got to be happy with that.

sure, DB is struggling at the moment, but pretty sure he's going nowhere... (much to the disgust of RR) :D

the track wasn't as quick as it has been for the last few meetings with a bigger bias on gates 1 & 3...

Rye House must be gutted to not convert that start they had, 2 - 10 after 2 heats... 

• Like 2

The Robins were off their game last night and it really looked likely at one stage that Rye were going to win it, however they turned it round in the end.

If the team can be as below par as they were last night and still win I think it bodes well. In any team sport even the best  teams have occasional lapses in form but  the top teams can still win even when they're not at their best.    

I think there may have been a bit of complacency last night but judging by Rosco's demeanor at the post meeting  press conference this will get addressed sooner rather than later.

One final thought and that is about David Bellego. He seems to becoming the team's whipping boy for sub par performances. Some people seem to forget that David was a a key component in last season's success, a point raised by Rosco himself during the season review. Sure he's not riding as well as he did last year but I'm sure he can pull his form round.

We don't want to become like the Pikey's on the south coast and start ditching riders as soon as their form dips.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Gresham78 said:

The Robins were off their game last night and it really looked likely at one stage that Rye were going to win it, however they turned it round in the end.

If the team can be as below par as they were last night and still win I think it bodes well. In any team sport even the best  teams have occasional lapses in form but  the top teams can still win even when they're not at their best.    

I think there may have been a bit of complacency last night but judging by Rosco's demeanor at the post meeting  press conference this will get addressed sooner rather than later.

One final thought and that is about David Bellego. He seems to becoming the team's whipping boy for sub par performances. Some people seem to forget that David was a a key component in last season's success, a point raised by Rosco himself during the season review. Sure he's not riding as well as he did last year but I'm sure he can pull his form round.

We don't want to become like the Pikey's on the south coast and start ditching riders as soon as their form dips.

Also worth noting with Bellego last night, the collision in the first staging of heat 3 bent his bike. He realised this after his 2nd ride of the night. Got pulled out of his 3rd one, then went out on an un-bent bike in heat 14 and won comfortably.

There's a few inconsistencies in there, but generally I still like the feel of this team and think we'll be pushing for trophies at the end of the season.

After last season, I think there are a section of our fans who think we should be winning every meeting, and should be scoring at least 55 at home each time. Entertainment wise, I prefer a meeting like last night to a drubbing.

• Like 6

Well done you riproaring rockin Robins, the defending champs are top again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gresham78 said:

Let's be fair its 2 people who dig at Bellego. One posts like a multi alias troll does and Crazy Robin panics if we only win by 10 at home so all in all people are behind Bellego.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Let's be fair its 2 people who dig at Bellego. One posts like a multi alias troll does and Crazy Robin panics if we only win by 10 at home so all in all people are behind Bellego.

Very true.. Bellego whoawoaa Bellego whoawhoaa.

What a fantastic boss Rosco is with GB and Swindon.Installs a champion winning mentality when all seems lost.

Walking along singing a song walking in a Rosco wonderland

Edited by auntie doris

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

And the multi poster puts out a team change where the suggested reserve is awful.

• Like 1