British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Leicester - Swindon 13.06.18

2 minutes ago, Elmo said:

In the main another total bore fest.

The racing has really gone backwards this year after significant improvements over the last 2 seasons.

The track was abysmal tonight. No shale on the racing line for at least a quarter of the track, and spectators covered in dust every time the bikes went past due to lack of/inadequate watering. It has certainly been prepared better for racing before.

14 minutes ago, GoldenGauntlet said:

The track was abysmal tonight. No shale on the racing line for at least a quarter of the track, and spectators covered in dust every time the bikes went past due to lack of/inadequate watering. It has certainly been prepared better for racing before.

Agree.  Too dusty and dry at the outset. Been a constant issue so far this season. The watering was inadequate on both occasions. 

Best I've seen James Sarjeant, tremendous effort from him.

What the hell was Hans doing in 15? Unbelievable bit of riding.

44 minutes ago, GoldenGauntlet said:

They let terry the track man go last week and now it’s the guy that did Scunthorpe doing it now 

Don't you all know you're not allowed to slag Leicester off anymore... I had a lovely night at the cinema for a fiver and came home not needing a shower

Shows how cruel sport can be. When the first 6 Lions team was originally announced I was keen to go to a few fixtures, it being the now (sadly) second closest Top Tier track to me. And many had Leicester down as potential 2018 champions.

The injuries to Vaculik and Bates have meant I have no intetest in visiting & the Lions chances of avoiding the Wooden Spoon look as likely as them sneaking into 4th.

Rosco going mental at a trainee ref. Really, the word is trainee and therefore a ref that is likely to make errors. Does Rosco believe a trainee ref is not likely to make a mistake? When Rosco became a team manager was he perfect from the start?

a silly rant in the local rag.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Rosco going mental at a trainee ref. Really, the word is trainee and therefore a ref that is likely to make errors. Does Rosco believe a trainee ref is not likely to make a mistake? When Rosco became a team manager was he perfect from the start?

Some may say he's not perfect now after last weekends tactics

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And the Poole manager would not have complained if it happened to Poole and they got 1 point instead of 3.  Would have thought that a trainee ref would have a proper ref with him to steer him along with the rules etc if a mistake is made. 

Edited by A ORLOV

First meeting I’ve not bothered with at Leicester this year. Sounds like I didn’t miss much. Going up to Sheffield tonight instead. 

10 hours ago, Glennylion said:

Agree.  Too dusty and dry at the outset. Been a constant issue so far this season. The watering was inadequate on both occasions. 

Well, listening to Danny King's interview he said it's been getting better and better and that it's nearly where they want it... but then he did call Krystian, Thomas, so probably has no idea what he's talking about

• Haha 1

Just now, Mr Bee said:

First meeting I’ve not bothered with at Leicester this year. Sounds like I didn’t miss much. Going up to Sheffield tonight instead. 

I bet the promotion wish they could bring the Sheffield track down to Leicester!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

I bet the promotion wish they could bring the Sheffield track down to Leicester!

Yeah, I bet. I just couldn’t be bothered with it last night. Caught up with the Polish league instead. Racing has been terrible in the main, a few odd decent races, but I took a look at the fixtures and decided Sheffield would be better and I’m not working far away. Thing is, even if the racing is rubbish at Sheffield at least it looks good on the shape of the track. Been to all but one of the Bees meetings at Leicester as well and that’s soul destroying! 

Edited by Mr Bee
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Bee said:

Been to all but one of the Bees meetings at Leicester as well and that’s soul destroying! 

100%

So what is the (realistic) solution?