British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Leicester - Swindon 13.06.18

8 minutes ago, Big Al said:

So what is the (realistic) solution?

properly remodel the track... or watch attendances drop off and the club die

• Like 1

A fortuitous point handed to the Robins last night courtesy of Mr Andersen who opted to ride his team mate into the fence in Ht 15 whilst on a 5-1. 

A tough night for Swindon with one or two riders below par notably David Bellego who looked well down on power and wasn't really competitive and also Nick Morris who though beat Andersen in his last ride would be dissapointed with his final tally of 7 on a track where he often hits double figures. On the plus side Batch once again led from the front with a fine 15 pts from 6 rides. Adam Ellis yet again did well in the engine room with 7 including 2 wins. Finally Zac, as ever, never gave up and finished with a creditable 5pts.

As others have said the track was poor, very dusty and where I was stood on the back straight appeared to be lacking shale with the base exposed by the fence.

Credit to Leicester, they haven't had much luck with injuries and they deserved their victory.

Another point for the Budgies on the road, well done lads keep it up!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Big Al said:

So what is the (realistic) solution?

Last season the racing was pretty good after the reshaping of the bends & it was much better than previous years, but this season it's definitely gone backwards with little overtaking & back to follow the leader. Although the shape isn't ideal there's not a lot can be done about that now, it is what it is, If it produced decent racing last season why is it not this year? So you would presume it's down to track preparation. There doesn't seem enough dirt & the inside line looks almost bare before the meeting starts, what little dirt there is gets pushed out to the fence & doesn't get dragged back. Glynn used to have a blade on the tractor that dragged it back & he would go from outside to inside bringing the dirt back during grading, don't know whether that kit isn't available now, but it's not used. Finally it seems much too dry, & the attempts at watering last night were frankly laughable. I wish they would at least try putting more dirt down especially on the inside & keep it watered.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Rosco going mental at a trainee ref. Really, the word is trainee and therefore a ref that is likely to make errors. Does Rosco believe a trainee ref is not likely to make a mistake? When Rosco became a team manager was he perfect from the start?

a silly rant in the local rag.

Agreed, plus, I believe the 'trainee' Referee is now a 'Probationer' and as such, when the probationer takes charge of the meeting, the qualified Referee has to leave the Referee's box.

2 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Didnt hear mr rosco complain about riders on the infield at belle  vue last tuesday !

That's an FIM event & I do not believe (although if wrong I'll stand corrected) that the infield rule exists in any other league/event other than ours.

Surely a referee who is a probationer and has sole control of a meeting has finished his training and should, therefore, know the rules? Or am I wrong there?

In the programme it said that Craig Ackroyd was the ref.

We wondered why Rosco was upset after the Sarjeant tapes offence, I didn't notice if Andersen went on the infield or not.

I can only put the poor racing this year down to track prep & surface.

I think there was plenty of dirt down last night but it seemed very loose and some riders appeared to be struggling early doors.

The blue groove going into the 3rd bend starts halfway down the back straight and there's no kit to bring the dirt back to the inside once it's been pushed wide.

17 minutes ago, Elmo said:

I can only put the poor racing this year down to track prep & surface.

... and shape, there's only so much you can do to polish a turd

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Rosco going mental at a trainee ref. Really, the word is trainee and therefore a ref that is likely to make errors. Does Rosco believe a trainee ref is not likely to make a mistake? When Rosco became a team manager was he perfect from the start?

a silly rant in the local rag.

I'm not a fan of Rosco's rants when we get beat but in this case he has a fair point about Hans not being excluded for riding over the infield. The same ref excluded Musi for it at KL earlier in the season so the frustration has come from the different outcome of those situations.

• Like 1

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.3124

This is possibly one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen relating to British Speedway, and that's saying something.

From the cringeworthy garden shed production of the video to the awful amateurish interviewer, the apparent hen party going on in the background and that's before you get to the interview itself.

British Speedway is absolutely dead in the water and needs putting out of its misery if this is the best it can do.

Utterly disgraceful, and whoever decided that video was fit for an official website should be shot immediately.

Edited by CB252
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

That's the same throughout the sport though isn't it... nobody seem to look at things as a punter. Like when I was stood on the back straight at Peterborough on Sunday with my ears almost bleeding because of the volume of the tannoy... all it needs is for someone to check before going ahead

4 hours ago, iainb said:

properly remodel the track... or watch attendances drop off and the club die

Ok  - fair enough I think most people would agree that remodelling would be great. Give us some detail including when the work could be carried out.

12 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Ok  - fair enough I think most people would agree that remodelling would be great. Give us some detail including when the work could be carried out.

You don’t have to be an expert in track preparation to have the opinion that the track is impacting the quality of racing and crowd levels.  It is down to the promoters to serve up a surface that allows great racing, great entertainment and for crowd levels to increase!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, iainb said:

all it needs is for someone to check before going ahead

That is where the problem usually lies. No one does check any such detail that impacts on the punter - from the tannoy system to the toilets and the price of the mostly poor quality food.  Very fast food served very slowly if more than 10 people want it.

Punters turned up for 90 years, so promoters must feel that what was was OK in 1970 will do for now. The BSPA are not interested in fan feedback, in fact I believe they are frightened of it - even when constructive points are put forward. Do they haver system for receiving it? Do they respond to it, with even a simple, cheap, one word - "Thanks". Not in my experience. As ye reap etc etc