British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Leicester - Swindon 13.06.18

15 hours ago, Skodaman said:

It doesnt matter where you put them, you wont see whats going on.

That's just the type of lack of imagination that has left us with a track that's really not worth going to , where you can't see anything unless you are up against the fence, in the grandstand or don't mind getting hit with shale and the pits are tucked away where nobody can see anything

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

That's just the type of lack of imagination that has left us with a track that's really not worth going to , where you can't see anything unless you are up against the fence, in the grandstand or don't mind getting hit with shale and the pits are tucked away where nobody can see anything

Got it in one, I went once not long after it opened and that was enough, the track is awful, shame really because the stadium looked tidy.

No excuse for dust, that’s just down to proper watering although very hot afternoon meetings are always a problem to keep on top of.

It's a real shame.

I don't know what is wrong with the track but for some reason, it just doesn't produce consistently decent racing. It always looks very slick to me.

Perhaps shortening the straights and making it more circular might work. 

• Like 1

Last season the improvements to the circuit produced a noticeable improvement to the racing. This year it appears not to be the case which could be down to the track being used on Sunday and then on Monday, after it has also been used on Saturday for practice sessions. This level of condensed activity must be a contributing factor to the slickness of the track and lack of grip hence limited race lines.

The track doesn't need to be dug up a more suitable base needs to be created which instead of turning into a black rubber line (aka moto GP) on the entry to the corner will actually continue to provide grip.

Bottom line is that somebody has got to spend time and money laying down the right level of fresh material. the shape whilst not being perfect is fine.

• Like 1

I think that the track was better prepared when Glyn was curator. It's got worse since they got rid of him and he was the one who did his best to improve the racing by carrying out the alterations to all four bends.  As far as the pits are concerned I agree that it would be better to be able to see what's going on but planning and environmental concerns meant that the City Council insisted on the current layout. If funds ran to it an alternative would be a big screen on the 3/4th bends (back to sun) showing what is going on in the pits and, possibly, a re-run of each race. 

• Like 1

The track is garbage, everybody knows it, even those that try and defend it use comments like "it's not perfect". The improvement in racing in recent years coincided with the move to EL, I put this down to better quality riders, but as the EL gets watered down year on year the racing is deteriorating again... add to that the abysmal preparation, dirt not being pulled back in, a total lack of watering during a meeting. As nightshift says I think the straights are too long for the bends, the pits need moving into view, either have a separate area for warming the bikes up (like a smoking area) or have perspex pits like some of the football dugouts, people need to think outside of the box

https://www.plasticsolutions.ie/product/3mm-polycarbonate.html 

Edited by iainb