Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

Gino said on Twitter it was BS article and his words were twisted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Tex said:

Gino said on Twitter it was BS article and his words were twisted.

Course he did, once he realised telling the truth is often not the best move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Tex said:

Gino said on Twitter it was BS article and his words were twisted.

Even the Yanks understand that a bit of 'backtracking' can be the best tactic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh well, Gino is a UFC fighter I dont think hes afraid to voice his opinion. He said his words were twisted but people here seem to think they know what he was saying more then he does himself...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Tex said:

Oh well, Gino is a UFC fighter I dont think hes afraid to voice his opinion. He said his words were twisted but people here seem to think they know what he was saying more then he does himself...

So what exactly did he mean then, notice he hasn't exactly come forward to set the record straight.

Was he down on power? Yes.

Did he ride on one of Hanocks bikes? No.

A bit of 'twisting' wouldn't get to the comments he was quoted as saying. It would be downright lies. 

Edited by BWitcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bwitch my man fully hear what you are saying but my point is Gino's direct quote was ..."False interview with words Twisted"
Who are we to say he lying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2018 at 5:52 PM, Tex said:

Bwitch my man fully hear what you are saying but my point is Gino's direct quote was ..."False interview with words Twisted"
Who are we to say he lying?

Greg didn't seem to believe that did he.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't believe Hancock is the nice guy he makes out, I have felt that since that incident with Nicki. I know Nicki is not everybody's favourite, but the way Hancock made that public statement about his view of Nicki's mental health that is unprofessional, unforgivable and close to bullying (trying to get more people within speedway against him) in my opinion.

But that view aside I listened to this interview with an open mind, and I have come away believing this guy is more of a douche than I did before. I think he threw Gino under the bus there, he talks about bad apples, and stay away from bad apples, he didn't call Gino a bad apple, but it was within that conversation, so what did Greg mean by that? I think it's clear.

Rather than debate on some podcast, surely if Hancock was a real nice guy, a real professional guy he should have answered simply 'You know, Gino had some concerns and I am going to give him a call and find out where he's coming from and see if there were issues, try and resolve so we can get things right next time"

He then makes quite a few comments, one of which "you should think before you speak", well that's good advice Greg.

What a douche. 

 

 

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2018 at 6:35 PM, TheReturn said:

I don't believe Hancock is the nice guy he makes out, I have felt that since that incident with Nicki. I know Nicki is not everybody's favourite, but the way Hancock made that public statement about his view of Nicki's mental health that is unprofessional, unforgivable and close to bullying (trying to get more people within speedway against him) in my opinion.

But that view aside I listened to this interview with an open mind, and I have come away believing this guy is more of a douche than I did before. I think he threw Gino under the bus there, he talks about bad apples, and stay away from bad apples, he didn't call Gino a bad apple, but it was within that conversation, so what did Greg mean by that? I think it's clear.

Rather than debate on some podcast, surely if Hancock was a real nice guy, a real professional guy he should have answered simply 'You know, Gino had some concerns and I am going to give him a call and find out where he's coming from and see if there were issues, try and resolve so we can get things right next time"

He then makes quite a few comments, one of which "you should think before you speak", well that's good advice Greg.

What a douche. 

 

 

Hes annoyed because his mate Becker couldnt ride... Greg is now and has always been a d**k 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2018 at 12:39 PM, phillipsr said:

Hes annoyed because his mate Becker couldnt ride... Greg is now and has always been a d**k 

How many time you met him to make this judgement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Tex said:

How many time you met him to make this judgement?

Are you still honestly believing an entire interview with Manzares was made up?

Perhaps it was Manzares that was making things up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I never said the entire interview was made up. 

I said 1. I met Greg in person a few weeks back and he really was a genuinely very nice bloke. (not that it has much to do with this scenario, just stating a fact)

2. That Gino himself said that his words were twisted. So for the life of me, I cannot understand how people on here seem to know what Gino said more than Gino himself does!

Not wanting or expecting anyone to agree with me just saying what Im saying...

Edited by Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tex said:

I never said the entire interview was made up. 

I said 1. I met Greg in person a few weeks back and he really was a genuinely very nice bloke. (not that it has much to do with this scenario, just stating a fact)

2. That Gino himself said that his words were twisted. So for the life of me, I cannot understand how people on here seem to know what Gino said more than Gino himself does!

Not wanting or expecting anyone to agree with me just saying what Im saying...

It would have to be made up. You can't 'twist' to get to what he said. They were definitive statements that he made.

Manzares spouted off, soon realised what a fool he'd made of himself and tried to wriggle out of it.

The interview had direct quotes from him as well, not an interpretation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy