British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheReturn

Team Hancock Haj

Not seen this mentioned anywhere, but apologies if already an active thread.  I stumbled on the Team Hancock Haj website who are stating this...

Our ultimate goal is to see the Speedway Grand Prix Series be a Team Championship as well as the Rider’s Championship

Does this mean they want to turn the World Championship into a corporate team event, i.e. some riders will represent Monster Energy team for example and other riders will represent another commercial company?

Not sure I would feel comfortable with that, if the integrity of the World Championship might be manipulated by corporate involvements (beyond sponsorship).

Well, I have mentioned this several times as something that is likely to happen sooner or later. We already have sponsor teams in Speedway best pairs
and most other motorsport championships have teams that employs the driver/rider.

18 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

We already have sponsor teams in Speedway best pairs

Yeah I am aware that competition exists, but I have watched a few times, but I don't find any affinity with any team, it's not my local club or my nation, so I can't get excited by Team Monster for example. 

The thought of that type of competition entering our speedway GP series doesn't fill me with confidence or excitement.

• Like 2

I thought the sponsored pass was a great idea initially. But once it started, like the return says I also had no affinity to any side and lost interest after about 4 heats.

All been done before and didn’t last, there was Team Exide (Hancock & Hamil), Team Nilsen (Nilsen & Crump), Team Rickardsson (Rickardsson & Polish rider), Team Tatum (Nikon’s Klingberg I seem to remember) none lasted long.

Think Ciegelski also rode as team Nilsson before injured and Ulamek with Rickardsson