British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield v Berwick SGBCL 14/06/18 @ 19.30

I didn't expect a win, nor a point, but I thought Berwick could muster up more than thirty two. Credit to Gappmaier and Howe who at least showed some resistance but the others, well they will need to provide a better performance tonight at Lakeside than last night at Sheffield.

• Like 1

Well done to our 4 maximum men ,that doesn't happen often.There were a few good races on a poor track last night and a few nasty falls,I hope the riders involved have a speedy recovery.Its always the same after a stock car meeting.Cant see Berwick finishing in the top 4 ,it was a poor effort from most of their side.

Not the best of meetings tonight; track dusty and patchy in places which caught a couple of riders out. Think stock cars were here last weekend.

A win is a win and takes us off the foot of the table for now against a Berwick team I thought may have been better. Not necessarily win but keep us on our toes. A couple of Berwick riders looked disinterested to say the least.

Interesting to see the young Aussie Cooper Riordan having a fair few laps after the meeting. Wonder if he is one of the riders the promotion are looking to bring in. Looks pretty decent for his first laps around Owlerton.

Yes, stock cars were there on Sunday - the track is often a bit worse for wear after them, but when we share a multi purpose facility, I don't know what we can do.  Someone who is old enough to know better was moaning about it last night, saying why do they have them at Owlerton etc... simple answer is, they probably bring in more revenue than the speedway, however unpalatable that is. 

Without knowing what is going on in the background, a couple of the Bandits looked utterly disinterested from the word go, had it not been for falls by James and Jack, and Danny Gappmaier having a storming performance from reserve by the Bandits, it could easily have been 60 plus. Nice dilemma for the Tigers' management with 2 of the reported 3 under threat putting in great performances, and the other one not doing too badly either. Also a mention for Charles Wright doing some great team riding to help Jack Smith in the early stages of Heat 7.

Sadly we are about to start to realise our true potential which will undoubtably be bottom 3. Suspect a similar if not worse result tonight.

16 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Well that was £iss poor tonight

Absolutely agree bandits were miles off the pace won't be staying top of the table very long with performances like that 

1 hour ago, havenagotahope said:

Sadly we are about to start to realise our true potential which will undoubtably be bottom 3. Suspect a similar if not worse result tonight.

Given the shape and size of the Lakeside track I think Berwick may score less than they managed at Sheffield and it could be an humiliating pounding  unless one or two Bandit riders can up there game .

2 hours ago, Lygonlad said:

Absolutely agree bandits were miles off the pace won't be staying top of the table very long with performances like that 

I doubt there`s a Berwick fan out there, that isn't locked up for their own safety anyway, thought they would stay at the top. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, screm said:

I doubt there`s a Berwick fan out there, that isn't locked up for their own safety anyway, thought they would stay at the top. 

Just happy that unlike start of last season we're winning home meetings 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

The top of the table stuff after a couple of matches has become increasingly tiresome. 

Don't think there was anybody who seriously thought they would stay there for long. Been punching above their weight to get there in the first place. A mid table finish will be a good result for this team

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

The top of the table stuff after a couple of matches has become increasingly tiresome. 

If you said to Berwick fans at the start of the season their results in the league up to the end of June were as follows most would probably take them.

Berwick 4. Newcastle 3

Berwick 3. Redcar 3

Berwick 3. Sheffield 3

Berwick 3. Lakeside 3

Berwick 3. Ipswich 0