British Speedway Forum
Daytripper

Lakeside Hammers v Berwick Bandits 15/6 8pm

No teams confirmed officially yet but looks like a full squad for the Hammers and probably Bandits also

Bandits currently top of the table and Lakeside third, so it’s not only a must win for Lakeside but also important they deny Berwick a point.

Doolan and Summers have both had decent scores at Lakeside n the past so could be a danger but their recent performances have not been all that hot . Cant argue with the Bandits position as Championship leaders but without a stand out star I think the firepower of Lakesides top four will be too strong for them too take anything away with them.

Having Ben at reserve is a big plus and it will be interesting to see how Alfie gets on after his 17 points yesterday.

Bandits are top due to having won their FIVE home meetings, including, perhaps, a fortunate one against the Hammers.

Unless something odd happens, I cannot see Bandits getting anything out of this.

This time last season us bonny Bandits couldn't win a home meeting lol

12 hours ago, Daytripper said:

No teams confirmed officially yet but looks like a full squad for the Hammers and probably Bandits also

Bandits currently top of the table and Lakeside third, so it’s not only a must win for Lakeside but also important they deny Berwick a point.

Doolan and Summers have both had decent scores at Lakeside n the past so could be a danger but their recent performances have not been all that hot . Cant argue with the Bandits position as Championship leaders but without a stand out star I think the firepower of Lakesides top four will be too strong for them too take anything away with them.

Bandits will require r/r for Jye Etheridge, covered by NBJ, David Howe and reserves. 

Berwick are punching well above their weight to be in their current league position, due to a lot of home meetings. A comfortable home win. 

I'd like to think we could at least put up somewhat of a decent showing through most of the meeting but expect us to get mullered in the last few heats. NBJ seems to thrive on the small circuit of Rye so should be okay at Lakeside.. Theo and Spud used to ride Armadale.. Kev and David have had plenty good meetings on small tracks too... I fear for Dany though :lol: 

12-14 point defeat

i wish you well @ the cycle speedway track !

• Like 1

Will Theo be available sure I read he had a long track meeting this weekend. 

12 minutes ago, Normski said:

Will Theo be available sure I read he had a long track meeting this weekend. 

World longtrack championships Saturday evening in La Reole France meeting starts 7. 30 pm uk time with practice at 2pm local time- so plenty of time to get there with a Saturday am flight.

• Like 1

No Zach Wajtknecht for Hammers as he is on international duty with GB U21's so it will be rider replacement for him with I presume, Kyle, Ben and Alfie taking his rides, busy night for Ben.

Can't se Berwick making much of an impact in spite of the fact that they are top of the table. Too much power for them on our tight circuit.

18 hours ago, TonyE said:

Bandits are top due to having won their FIVE home meetings, including, perhaps, a fortunate one against the Hammers.

Unless something odd happens, I cannot see Bandits getting anything out of this.

nothing fortunate - we were good, you were not

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dodds said:

nothing fortunate - we were good, you were not

I would call the opposition losing a heatleader in his first ride somewhat fortunate! You obviously see it differently.

• Haha 1