British Speedway Forum
Daytripper

Lakeside Hammers v Berwick Bandits 15/6 8pm

If ever a meeting showed the need for more medical cover then this was it...unfortunatly the paramedics cost about 500 pounds a time,,But if you do not have the cover needed to keep a meeting moving at a reasonable pace the result will be more fans lost to the sport,,,,Last night s delays had people having to leave before the end ,,and will cost them more than an extra paramedic  in the long run...This was a rare event at Lakeside but there is no doubt it will have  an effect on attendences...

Lots of people were leaving after 8 heats, I made it to heat 10 I think when Ben missed the two minutes and that was enough for me and I never leave early but unfortunately I have kids to pick up. Like I said earlier if that was your first time at speedway I would be amazed if you went back. Such a shame.

I heard they were waiting for another ambulance? I thought the rules were you needed two ambulances in attendance at speedway meetings? 

Also I am not aware of the full rules but how was Berwick allowed to have Jakobsen at five with an average that was 5th overall in their team?

My comment re Gappmaier was very much tongue in cheek! I was definitely not accusing him of deliberately taking out Lakeside riders.

10 minutes ago, marko said:

I heard they were waiting for another ambulance? I thought the rules were you needed two ambulances in attendance at speedway meetings? 

Also I am not aware of the full rules but how was Berwick allowed to have Jakobsen at five with an average that was 5th overall in their team?

Only three positions in any team is fixed, the top rider in the averages must ride at No1 with the bottom two average riders at six and seven without preference. After that its up to the team manager and riders to sort out positions 2,3,4 and 5.

12 minutes ago, marko said:

Only the No1 has to ride in that position,the rest of the top 5 can ride in any position in top 5

The latest finish at lakeside for many years. The last one was a double header against stoke and Peterborough that went past the 11.30 Mark. With an 8pm start, any delays are going to be felt more. I stuck it out to the end, but I'm feeling it this morning.

Likewise. I sighed with resignation when heat 15 had to be re-run twice. Then Ellis has an EF at the tapes. It summed up a dissapointing meeting for me.

On the plus side, at least Alfie got some rides and a decent points total.

i think fans should take a step back and put human life before a time schedule . life can and does end at any given time , where as time never changes . it just keeps carrying on .. 

wake up and smell the coffee, a lot of people dont !

Edited by jenga
cannot spell never ..

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

What time did the meeting finish? Isn't there a curfew?

No curfew to my knowledge, The traffic outside is louder than the bikes!

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

What time did the meeting finish? Isn't there a curfew?

Roughly an hour later than normal. Around 10.40 ish . Normally finish around 9.35- 9.40

6 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Roughly an hour later than normal. Around 10.40 ish . Normally finish around 9.35- 9.40

There can be that much overrun at most tracks during the season if rider injuries need attending .

The injuries to riders account for part of the overrun and no one begrudges the time dedicated to that, its the rest that upsets us, Lakeside never start at the time they promise, they clearly state parade at 19:45 tapes up 20:00, more likely its Parade at 20:00 then another heat or two of the juniors and then finally getting underway.

There track grading takes an age because whilst they have two tractors for grading and watering, one man it seems wants to do both so we all have to wait whilst he does a few laps on one before switching tractors and then does a few laps on that, if you had both out at the same time you could get double done in the time, or the same amount done in half the time.

After the big delay in heat seven with having to take Kyle away and get him properly checked over, the announcer (can't recall his name) mentioned that we will now try and get on with the meeting, we didn't, it was allowed to continue to drag, with more delays for track grading and not even done when there was a natural gap for when riders had two on the trot, the announcer seemed to think so long as music was playing (the same music we have every week) everyone would just hang around till the end of time.

5 hours ago, liam said:

Morris is class all I was saying was in his heat when he came 2nd to NBJ he tried the outside and went backwards so switched back to the inside and got closer. Was only using that race as an example of only the inside line working. 

Morris was class last year when he rode for us great rider

• Like 1