British Speedway Forum
Daytripper

Lakeside Hammers v Berwick Bandits 15/6 8pm

14 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Morris was class last year when he rode for us great rider

He is mate he has been a top number 1 for us so far. 

A very rare evening at the Arena Essex Raceway. One that should not be used as an assessment of a night out watching the Hammers.

• Very Rarely do we have to replace airbags (in the main meeting) In fact I can only recall a few occasions in the past few seasons
  • Very Rarely do we require the ambulance on circuit and a lengthy medical delay (in the main meeting)
  • And very rarely do we get so many incidents in one evening.

Delays like that happen regularly in speedway its the nature of Motorsport. And as a marshal at many road racing circuits such as Brands Hatch, I can tell you the amount of times we have hour plus delays for medical attention or barrier repairs. Don't recall seeing fans moaning about the delays there. 

All in all in my opinion it was another good meeting at the raceway and still enjoyable despite the delays. 

On another note great to see Alfie Bowtell getting the points he has deserved from his efforts the past few meetings. Love the noise from the crowd when he followed Ben home for the 5-1 in heat 2. 

15 hours ago, marko said:

Finally glad to get home after that ordeal, same old Lakeside, unless the ref is trying to push things on, its just drags and drags, they make no effort to keep the action flowing, the tractor man insists on driving on both tractors rather than saving time and having two guys going around at the same time, and given tonight there was not exactly a load of dirt to water and grade I don't really know what they were trying to achieve, plus we have literally got the same music played each and every week, and I mean the same! enough already! play something different than R.E.M and Frankie goes to Hollywood etc. oh and interviews where we can understand what is being said would be nice.

Jon was hoping for a bumper crowd next Saturday, I think that's just gone for a burton, a lot of people were not happy, over two and half hours to run 15 races is a joke.

Like I said in the early meetings, this is a very good team but the club make no effort with the race night experience.

Sorry to hear you aren't enjoying the music Marko. I have been trying to mix it up to cater for all ages/tastes and I play songs that I know work whilst trialling out different songs. I'm sure you would have heard a few last night. Plus, I did have to play an extra hours worth of songs last night to fill the gaps. Also I'm not sure if anyone is aware but I do both the music and the announcing so sometimes I don't have the time to carefully select a song and have to go with the first thing I can. 

However any feedback/suggestions are most welcome, I shall take your comments on board for the next meeting.

• Like 1

I am sure you are doing your best. We all have our own particular preferences re music and, personally, I try to shut it out if I don't like it (provided it is not played too loud).

The roving microphone is having intermittent problems this year and, hopefully, these will be sorted out soon. 

I, for one, appreciate it is not easy to have to fill long unplanned for periods of time.

On a different front, good to hear Kyle has not broken anything and his time out will not be too long.

• Like 1

I don’t have an issue with the type of music being played, although Queens bohemian rapsidy isn’t really a song with a tempo fit for a sport like speedway but I digress, just the fact we hear almost exactly the same songs every meeting, it’s just lazy really.

Does it really matter what songs are being played? Personally I couldn’t care less.