British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole Prem A. 20/6/18

Hans Andersen or Musialak would fit - if they're not riding elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Hans Andersen or Musialak would fit - if they're not riding elsewhere.

Hans not riding in Denmark? :unsure:

rebels  will shock them pirates once again as in better form then last visit [ spokes all run in ]

,if the rebels  all fire i'd say 10 + 

Not sure how the Rebels will be with Vissing and Covatti in for Wright and Jeppesen.

The moral here is clearly 'Don't mess with Garry May'!! :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not sure how the Rebels will be with Vissing and Covatti in for Wright and Jeppesen.

Absolutely.

With that said, Poole should be taking all 4 points now. Vissing isn't a bad signing but Covatti looks a poor one.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Personally think something else has happened. How long has Wright been at Somerset and never been any problems...? Never seemed to cause any problems at Poole unlike another Somerset rider! 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Personally think something else has happened. How long has Wright been at Somerset and never been any problems...? Never seemed to cause any problems at Poole unlike another Somerset rider! 

Well so far we have heard:

1) presentation night last season

2) rowing with the trackman last week

3) disagreement with Gary May over his choice of tactics

so.... take your pick really!

23 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Well so far we have heard:

1) presentation night last season

2) rowing with the trackman last week

3) disagreement with Gary May over his choice of tactics

so.... take your pick really!

Not worth the bother then is he 

Will Covatti be at reserve? Decent signing if so for me.

Covatti in all fairness is probably the strongest number 7 in the league and just as strong as some of the 6's imo. Vissing on the other hand is not going to be scoring double figures home or away. We really do look weaker in that respect. 

Covatti goes well at the OTA. I’m assuming he will be at reserve. If that is the case then he would form a pretty strong partnership there with Jake Allen. 

The other change appears to weaken the engine room in my opinion. 

Charles Wright has always been a 100% rider for the Rebels and his never say die attitude will definitely be missed. He was a hugely popular figure at the OTA and has some decent sponsorship tied up in the area. 

With the thrill a minute speedway that he always dished up came some tantrums though. It appears this time he has pushed it a touch too far. 

• Like 1

Having two strong reserves is of no real benefit at the cost of a heat leader. Charles Wright has been riding in a heat leader position since the start of the season and has been relied upon to be a heat leader too. The way our team is set out it will be a constant swap between Allen and Wilson-Dean for our first choice reserve position. It's no use having two decent reserves if you haven't got anybody giving back up to Doyle at the top end.

One has to wonder, why Ricky Wells hasn't been signed up? Maybe he was an option and for whatever reason it didn't happen, but he would of been much more like for like as oppose to Vissing.

First and foremost, I support Somerset and not individual riders - So I really hope this works out for the club as at the moment it looks lose-lose for club, riders and fans involved with nobody gaining.

Edited by Najjer

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Not worth the bother then is he 

Where are you coming from with a comment like that !!! He has been a bloody good servant to the club and if he has gripes about the track or tactics he should at least be listened to providing it is without dissent ! He is of good character and a bloody good team man also he is loyal to a fault !!! I think and hope that May will live to regret this move !

Can see Wright getting fixed up elsewhere.Good entertainer.If you think Wright is bad, Claus can be prone to the odd strop .

Edited by Fromafar

37 minutes ago, Aroundtheboards said:

Where are you coming from with a comment like that !!! He has been a bloody good servant to the club and if he has gripes about the track or tactics he should at least be listened to providing it is without dissent ! He is of good character and a bloody good team man also he is loyal to a fault !!! I think and hope that May will live to regret this move !

You hope that May will regret this move and you call yourself a Somerset supporter. I don't think any fan would wish their club would take a downward turn for one rider. 

While I agree Wright has been a good servant and a popular rider if he made his position untenable then no rider is bigger than the club. I'm as big a fan of Wright as anyone but if he is arguing in the pits and demanding money to attend the end of season presentation night then the club is right. I don't think Vissing is the answer though. 

• Like 3