British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole Prem A. 20/6/18

I'm disappointed with the news, particularly as regards Jeppesen, who I think's got potential. Was his scoring that bad?

HOME - rode in 3 out of 5 meetings, scoring 1, 6+1, and 2+1

AWAY - rode in 5 out of 6 meetings, scoring 3+1, 1, 6, 5+2, and 1+1

51 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

You hope that May will regret this move and you call yourself a Somerset supporter. I don't think any fan would wish their club would take a downward turn for one rider. 

While I agree Wright has been a good servant and a popular rider if he made his position untenable then no rider is bigger than the club. I'm as big a fan of Wright as anyone but if he is arguing in the pits and demanding money to attend the end of season presentation night then the club is right. I don't think Vissing is the answer though. 

I am a Speedway supporter and I like to see things done with common sense. May is no big shakes as team manager he was not a lot better as a rider. A stern talking to would have sufficed. Instead he has shot him self in the foot.

This is pure speculation as I haven't checked the international fixture list, I wonder if he was due to miss a few meetings because of the Danish league? As his scoring was more than good enough in my eyes.

Unless anybody knows exactly what Wright did or said then how can they say that the club have done the wrong thing? As good as he has been on track there is always a line which an employee / contractor cannot cross and IF he has done that people can't complain.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Unless anybody knows exactly what Wright did or said then how can they say that the club have done the wrong thing? As good as he has been on track there is always a line which an employee / contractor cannot cross and IF he has done that people can't complain.

Not for the first time, the voice of reason. Good post.

I think the biggest issue is not that Wright has gone, it's more what he's been replaced with.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Can see Wright getting fixed up elsewhere.Good entertainer.If you think Wright is bad, Claus can be prone to the odd strop .

Can be prone to the odd questionable move too!

1 hour ago, Aroundtheboards said:

I am a Speedway supporter and I like to see things done with common sense. May is no big shakes as team manager he was not a lot better as a rider. A stern talking to would have sufficed. Instead he has shot him self in the foot.

If Gary gets shot there is clearly a reason for it.

2 hours ago, Aroundtheboards said:

We don't know what went on in the pits so cannot say it was just a "talking to" situation. For me the main problem is who we got in rather than why Wright went. Someone like Wells/ Riss would have been better options.

Covatti for Jeppesen tbh strengthens us at reserve imo. Jeppesen is going to be a good rider but his gating needs improving. 

Changes seem to make team weaker. Will make a visit when track sorted out, mostly gate 1 against Wolves and comment that outside line not working, hope they get it sorted.

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Changes seem to make team weaker. Will make a visit when track sorted out, mostly gate 1 against Wolves and comment that outside line not working, hope they get it sorted.

There was plenty of passing, including around the outside.

One thing I will say is that if it is true that the riders were told by message/ Facebook messenger as I have heard then that is such a cowardly way to do it. I don't think I would be alone in thinking that either. 

In no other work place would you get sacked by message! Think some of these promoters and TM's need to get some balls :o:blink:

Well Charles certainly gives the other side of the story on his facebook page.

• Like 1

No Nicolai Klindt for Poole.....He’s riding in Denmark for Holsted.

50 minutes ago, LesR said:

Well Charles certainly gives the other side of the story on his facebook page.

Don't do FB. Any chance of a copy and paste job please.