British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole Prem A. 20/6/18

10 hours ago, Najjer said:

So you say for the 162nd time.... not that you're bitter that he is now riding as a heat leader :rolleyes:

The term "heat leader" is not an achievement in this country I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, sugarray said:

Jack has knuckled down and gets on with his job. Very easy to work with.

Must be happier this year.

Glad he's learnt his lesson.

So the line-ups are:

Rebels: Doyle; Wilson-Dean; Vissing; Lawson; Holder; Allen; Covatti.

Pirates: Brady; Linus; Richie; r/r for Nicolai; Josh; Mateusz; Kacper (NB I've used christian names for Poole as far easier and quicker to spell)!!:rolleyes:

Still think this could be a tight one

• Haha 1

Coming up for this tomorrow evening. Weather seems set to be dry so good news.

Somersets changes are interesting. Wright at the Oak Tree was a good scorer so will be missed. Vissing is decent but it will be his first meeting. At the other end Covatti no doubts strengthens Somerset at reserve. What they lose in the 1-5 they make up in the reserve berth. Does it make Somerset weaker? Possibly tomorrow but not by much.

If we turn up in a determined mood I think we will come away with a point, which would be a good improvement on our first visit. It would be disappointing to go home empty handed.

All regular Rebs need to be on it tomorrow, Covatti should be ok at 6, Lawson needs to improve or we could get stung in the engine room. Provided we start ok ( no 1-5 ‘s in heat 1 please) I think we will take the three points.

23 hours ago, Najjer said:

There was plenty of passing, including around the outside.

That's good to know, thought not much passing on outside was mentioned on latest Somerset speedway portal, must have misheard

17 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Somersets changes are interesting. Wright at the Oak Tree was a good scorer so will be missed. Vissing is decent but it will be his first meeting. At the other end Covatti no doubts strengthens Somerset at reserve. What they lose in the 1-5 they make up in the reserve berth. Does it make Somerset weaker? Possibly tomorrow but not by much.

If we turn up in a determined mood I think we will come away with a point, which would be a good improvement on our first visit. It would be disappointing to go home empty handed.

Poole's to lose with Somerset's rather odd team changes and the Pirates being able to use R/R for Klindt with the two Poles at reserve.

Edited by paulboy
Misspelling

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site please? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

19 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think a point is well within Poole's reach in this one. The Pirates could come away with a narrow win imho.

Either way, I hope there's some good racing and a decent crowd.

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Take Doyle out of that Somerset line up and you have a decent Championship Team.

that's what everyone said about Swindon last year, see what happened to them?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

ALWAYS good racing @ the Oak Tree, I would expect the score to be 50ish to 40ish in Somersets favour with Jason Doyle putting on a Stirling performance in front of  Mark Webber!

On 6/19/2018 at 12:57 PM, Skidder1 said:

So the line-ups are:

Rebels: Doyle; Wilson-Dean; Vissing; Lawson; Holder; Allen; Covatti.

Pirates: Brady; Linus; Richie; r/r for Nicolai; Josh; Mateusz; Kacper (NB I've used christian names for Poole as far easier and quicker to spell)!!:rolleyes:

Still think this could be a tight one

You like a tight one 

3 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

ALWAYS good racing @ the Oak Tree, I would expect the score to be 50ish to 40ish in Somersets favour with Jason Doyle putting on a Stirling performance in front of  Mark Webber!

Stirling Moss:D

Expecting 4 league points tonight.

Brady, Josh & Richie know how to ride the oak tree. Expecting double figures from Brady and Josh.

Linus is now in form.

Kacper can take 7 rides at reserve.

If we don't win tonight then we might as well not bother with the rest of the season. Somerset are now weakened by the double team change and we are strengthened by having R/R in operation. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Expecting 4 league points tonight.

Brady, Josh & Richie know how to ride the oak tree. Expecting double figures from Brady and Josh.

Linus is now in form.

Kacper can take 7 rides at reserve.

If we don't win tonight then we might as well not bother with the rest of the season. Somerset are now weakened by the double team change and we are strengthened by having R/R in operation. 

Your getting excited again 

• Like 1